Graco is primarily famous to deliver great quality crib at the CHEAPEST price. They market their cribs and other baby products through renowned StorkCraft of U.S.A. Apart from cheapest cost and great quality, their unique designed cribs can coordinate with any nursery. In this Graco crib reviews, you can learn about at least five of their popular cribs that are available on Amazon.
Table of Contents
- Products Of Graco
- The Price King!
- Graco Crib Reviews: Recommended Cribs
- Graco Charleston 4-in-1 Convertible Crib
- PROTECTIVE MATTRESS PAD COVER
- CONS OF AMERICAN BABY COMPANY MATTRESS PROTECTOR
- Best Fitted Changing Table with Graco Charleston
- ADVICE FROM PARENT
- Graco Freeport Convertible Crib
- Graco Benton Convertible Crib Reviews
- Two Rising Stars In Graco Crib Collection
- Final Verdict
Products Of Graco
Since inception from 1942, Graco has widened its product line. They have cribs, Strollers, Car Seats, Playards and Gear, Health & Safety instruments etc.
Like Dream On Me or Babyletto, Graco has vast crib models for sale. Some of them are Graco Lauren Convertible Crib, Graco Benton Convertible Crib, Graco Freeport Convertible Crib, Graco Bryson 4-in-1 Convertible Crib, Graco Hayden Convertible Crib, Graco Charleston Convertible Crib, Graco Westbrook 4-in-1 Convertible Crib and much more.
All them are standard size crib. If you have twins, these cribs should do the job, to be more specific, all our recommended cribs in Graco crib reviews are perfect for twins too.
The Price King!
Graco’s cribs are affordable, in fact, these are the cheapest cribs with great quality. These cribs are made from woods and all of these cribs are JPMA certified. No chemical or formaldehyde effect makes them much more safe for baby. Yet they continuously producing great cribs with such a low price that nobody can beat them at price.
Graco Crib Reviews: Recommended Cribs
Based on price, reviews and the vast number of parents recommendations, these 3 cribs would be a great option for you. We will discuss in detail about each of them.
|Criteria||Graco Charleston||Graco Freeport||Graco Benton|
|Go to Amazon|
Graco Charleston 4-in-1 Convertible Crib
Experienced parents say this one is the best crib money can buy as it is safe and affordable baby crib. This is our recommended Graco cribs for parents, we will give you a very detail informational review on it.
You can learn all about its color, safety aspects, recommended mattress and mattress settings, assembly instructions and much more. Moreover, we will give you some brief reviews on it’s recommended mattress, changing table, crib mattress protector.
Favorite colors: Graco understands people’s choice. They made a very wide color variation for the Graco Charleston Convertible Crib to match almost everything. You can choose from Cherry, Espresso, White, and Pebble Grey. The price of the crib will vary very little based on colors you choose.
High Rated Safe Crib: In various baby products review sites, Graco Charleston is a most rated crib. And while choosing crib for your little one, we recommend you take safety issue seriously and we have given short safety reviews for our recommended cribs in this Graco crib reviews.
The crib meets all ASTM International & U.S. CPSC safety standards. Moreover, it is JPMA certified. All the six finishes are non-toxic. Having stationary side rails for the safe sleeping environment makes it even more safe for your baby.
Conversion Hussle: Graco Charleston is a 4-in-1 convertible crib. Meaning you can convert it from crib to toddler bed, daybed and full-size bed. Unlike other cribs, this one does not require any toddler bed conversion kit. This is where the confusion arises.
In fact, there are so many frustrations among parents about the toddler bed conversion kit. Most of the negative reviews too. This happened mainly as they did not read the manual carefully.
The crib comes with all accessories to convert it to a toddler bed. You must read the manual about this first, then you will get a usual toddler bed. Besides, you can always buy toddler guard bed rail from other brands, if you feel your baby may fall out of the crib.
You need a full-size bed conversion kit along with the separate mattress.
Mattress & Mattress Position: To have a complete picture of the Graco crib reviews, you need to know their best-fitted mattress too. Any standard size mattress will fit with this crib. However, the manufacturer recommends using Graco Premium Foam Crib & Toddler Bed Mattress. Many parents also recommend using “Naturepedic No-Compromise Organic Cotton Ultra 252 Crib Mattress”.
You can find two very brief reviews on both of them at the end of Notable Pros of Graco Charleston Crib section.
Also, you can use “Sealy Soybean Foam-Core Crib Mattress” too. You can have a quick review on it from here in the middle of the article.
There are three (3) adjustable mattress positions in Graco Charleston Convertible Crib for height adjustment. So from infant stage to teen, you should have enough comfort picking up your baby.
Weight & Dimension: The crib has a weight of 57 pounds and recommended weight limit for the toddler bed and daybed is 50 pounds. When assembled you will get the crib dimension of 56.5 x 30.1 x 45.7 inches.
Crib Assembly: Just watch the video and you will know how to assemble Graco Charleston convertible crib:
GOOD TO KNOW
- You can have matching changer dresser.
- Mattress sits on metal springs. This is just great and does not make any noise.
- Replacement parts/hardware available from the manufacturer whenever you need them.
- Don’t forget to assemble the crib in your nursery, as it does not have any wheels, you can’t move it easily.
NOTABLE PROS OF GRACO CHARLESTON CRIB
Since Graco Charleston convertible crib is our editorial choice in our Graco crib reviews, we think you need to know why parents love it
- Very affordable price for such a great crib.
- In terms of safety, this crib has pretty good safety reviews among parents.
- Classic and simple design, pairs with other types of furniture.
- Graco crib assembly instructions are fairly easy. Comes with everything to assemble it.
- A lot of repeated buyers as they have trusted and loved it.
- Very large number of recommendations from parents for their friends and families.
- No smell from the crib as reported by several buyers.
- Unisex compatible, perfect for the baby girl and baby boy.
- Enough space for twin baby.
- Can be used as co-sleeper, if you have a big bedroom.
- Perfectly match with the Changing table. You will find a quick review on this changing table at the end of Cons of American Baby Company Mattress Protector.
BEST FITTED MATTRESS WITH GRACO CHARLESTON
As mentioned earlier, the company recommends Graco Premium Foam Crib & Toddler Bed Mattress with this crib. Also, Naturepedic Organic Crib Mattress fits perfectly with it too. So here are two quick reviews on it to give you more insights on Graco crib reviews.
- Water-resistant inner-lining features help to keep your baby dry and clean.
- Unbelievable low price just like the crib.
- Proven firm mattress.
- 5” thickness.
- Completely meets and exceeds federal flammability standards.
- Fits any other standard size crib.
- Tips: to get a fully expanded mattress in fewer hours, please pull off all covers to let the foam expand and make sure to fluff the squished side.
CONS OF GRACO PREMIUM FOAM CRIB
- If not done right, the mattress will take huge time to inflate fully. So follow the tip mentioned in Pros of Graco Premium Foam Crib. Otherwise, you will get an imperfect mattress and end up leaving a wrong bad review.
NATUREPEDIC ORGANIC CRIB MATTRESS
Many parents used this one and said it match and fit perfectly to deliver a heavenly like sleeping environment. Not only this Graco crib reviews, in other several sites, you will find how popular it is for standard size crib. Sure it’s way more pricey than Graco Premium Foam Crib. But once you get to know about it, you will decide to splurge.
PROS OF NATUREPEDIC ORGANIC CRIB MATTRESS
- Made in the U.S.A with 100% organic cotton.
- Uses food grade polyethylene.
- Non-toxic waterproof surface.
- No smell.
- Fits any standard size crib.
CONS OF NATUREPEDIC ORGANIC CRIB MATTRESS
- Pricy crib mattress.
PROTECTIVE MATTRESS PAD COVER
You need to buy a separate waterproof fitted crib protective pad to protect the mattress. This is our only mattress pad cover review on Graco crib reviews. The company recommends to use American Baby Company Crib & Toddler Bed Protective Mattress Pad Cover and so many parents just loved it already.
PROS OF AMERICAN BABY COMPANY MATTRESS PROTECTOR
- Fits up to 6 inches thick standard size mattress.
- Perfect size of 28-inch x 52-inch x 9 inches.
- Completely waterproof.
- Pretty compatible with machine wash and dry.
- Even after several washes and dry, it will not shrink or pill.
- Vast positive customer reviews.
CONS OF AMERICAN BABY COMPANY MATTRESS PROTECTOR
- Some found the chemical smell.
- Plastic feels as reported by some parents.
Best Fitted Changing Table with Graco Charleston
We would like to give you a complete picture on Graco Charleston convertible crib. This is why we think you need a brief review on its matching Graco Lauren changing table.
WHY BUY GRACO LAUREN CHANGING TABLE?
- Simple and open design changing table that perfectly match with Graco Charleston.
- Cost effective solution to dress your baby.
- More than enough storage space. Have dimensions of 38 x 20 x 39.5 inches.
- Four rollers for ease of mobility, two of them have locking features. If you wish, you can assemble the changing table without wheels.
- Have met all safety standards of baby products. In fact, it is JPMA certified.
- Vinyl changing pad with built-in safety strap.
- Vast parents recommendations.
CONS OF GRACO CHARLESTON CRIB
- There is not enough space underneath the crib. You will get a space of 5″ on the front and 3″ on the sides from the floor.
- Not ideal for small spaces.
- Very little space underneath the crib.
ADVICE FROM PARENT
- Unless you want to get your crib get gnawed, get teething rail.
- Assemble the crib where you finally want it. Otherwise, you can’t move it from door to door due to its size.
Graco Freeport Convertible Crib
Graco introduced this model recently in the market to be available online. But within such a short period of time, it has won the parents’ mind by its really affordable price, simplistic design and sturdy look.
In fact, Graco Freeport has a way much high average review than Graco Lauren and Charleston convertible crib. It won’t be a complete Graco crib reviews if we don’t give you some additional information about this crib.
FEATURES OF GRACO FREEPORT CRIB
- Available in 4 colors: Black, Cherry, White and Pebble Grey.
- Made of 100% solid wood, some support systems are made of particleboard.
- It’s a 4-in-1 convertible crib meaning you can convert it from crib to toddler bed (no conversion kit needed), daybed and full-size bed. For a full-size bed, you need to buy bed frame kit and mattress separately. Also if you wish, you can buy the toddler guard rail of any other brand. You must read the crib instruction manual first about such conversion.
- Assembly instructions are fairly easy to follow and once assembled, dimensions of the crib will be 55.2 x 29.8 x 42.1 inches. You will get a big crib, so be sure to assemble it within the baby room, as you can’t move it from door to door after assembly.
- Just like Graco Laurent & Charleston crib, Freeport model is also JPMA certified. It also meets or exceeds all ASTM International and U.S. CPSC safety standards to provide the safest sleeping environment for your baby.
- You can fit any standard size crib mattress with it. For ready reference of the mattress, please check the recommended mattress section of Graco Lauren convertible crib. There are three (3) adjustable mattress settings in Graco Freeport convertible crib to keep pace with the growth of your baby. To convert to a daybed, you need to set the mattress at the highest position and take the front rail of the crib off.
- The mattress support system is metal springs.
PROS OF GRACO FREEPORT CRIB
- Most cost effective crib just like Graco Lauren.
- It’s new on the market, yet has a better average review than Graco Lauren and Charleston.
- Many expensive crib buyers verified that this one is way much better considering it’s affordable price.
- Lots of repeated happy buyers.
- Enough space for twins.
- Unisex design. Perfect for the baby boy or baby girl.
- Even after several assemble and disassemble, the crib remains sturdy as said by many parents.
- Great crib as co-sleeper.
- You can use crib skirts and any of the best nursery mobile available in many crib sets with it to add more beauty to the nursery.
- Very lightweight (only 56 pounds).
CONS OF GRACO FREEPORT CRIB
- Not ideal for very small spaces/apartment.
- No toddler guardrail, though you can use from other brands.
- You may have some smell out it when you open the box.
Graco Benton Convertible Crib Reviews
Graco Benton convertible crib is another cheapest yet great quality crib for longer use in the nursery. With its classic arched headboard design, you can convert it to a full-size bed for your teen.
Just like Graco Freeport convertible crib, this one is also new in the market and won the heart of parents. So we think, we need to give a short review on it in this Graco crib reviews.
PRIME FEATURES OF GRACO BENTON CONVERTIBLE CRIB
Before we give you a detailed features of Graco Benton Convertible crib, lets check first the satisfaction level of parents who already used it for their little ones. That way you can have quick review on it.
- Three (3) colors to match your nursery. You can choose from Espresso, White, and Pebble Grey.
- You can convert it from crib to toddler bed (you don’t need toddler bed conversion kit & you should convert it to toddler bed only when your baby is taller than 35”), daybed and full-size bed (full-size bed conversion kit and mattress sold separately).
- Maximum recommended weight for the toddler bed and daybed is 50 pounds.
- Just like all other Graco cribs, this one is also pretty safe for your baby. It meets or exceeds all standards of ASTM International and U.S. CPSC safety standards. It is also JPMA certified. All the finishes are non-toxic and the crib is lead and phthalate free.
- Standard crib size. Assembled crib dimension is 56.7 x 29.8 x 42 inches. Since it’s a standard size crib, you should assemble it inside the baby’s room. Because once assembled, you can’t move it from doors to doors.
- Height may be an issue for you. But if you are at least 5 feet in height, you should not face any height related trouble as verified by lots of short moms.
- Any standard size crib mattress will fit. There are three (3) adjustable mattress positions to keep pace with the growth of your baby. The mattress sits on metal springs.
- Around 6.5 inches space underneath the crib. You can put some child items underneath the crib.
PROS OF GRACO BENTON CRIB
- Big save on money. Incredible low price with great quality.
- Solid Wood. It’s a proven fact by parents.
- Sturdy even after several assembly and disassembly.
- Fixed stationary rails (no drop rail) to provide a safe sleeping environment.
- Perfect for a long time uses as verified by so many parents.
- Proven sturdy crib.
- Very lightweight but strong crib. It weights only 41 pounds.
- Very high average customer review. Huge recommendations from parents to whoever looking for affordable convertible cribs.
- No smell at all.
CONS OF GRACO BENTON CRIB
- Sometimes crib arrived broken. Without delay contact with them, and they will send you a new crib.
Two Rising Stars In Graco Crib Collection
We have already discussed all of four (4) our recommended Graco crib reviews. But as mentioned earlier, Graco has way more than that 4 cribs collection. Apart from the recommended 4, we would like to give you a very brief review on it’s two more rising stars named Graco Bryson 4-in-1 Convertible Crib reviews and Graco Hayden crib reviews.
PROS OF GRACO BRYSON CONVERTIBLE CRIB
- Affordable convertible wooden crib having dimensions of 30.6 x 56.6 x 45.8 inches.
- Three (3) beautiful colors: White, Espresso and Pebble Grey. Perfectly blends with other furniture of the nursery.
- To ensure stability, it’s a fixed side 4-in-1 convertible crib. As your baby grows, you can convert it from crib to toddler bed (no toddler bed conversion required), daybed and full-size bed.
- Full-size headboard and footboard, you only need the metal bed frame.
- Average review is much higher.
- Three adjustable mattress support. Regular crib mattress size is recommended.
- JPMA certified. Like all other cribs of Graco, it also meets or exceeds ASTM International and U.S. CPSC safety standards. That means the crib is tested against so many harmful chemicals.
CONS OF GRACO BRYSON CONVERTIBLE CRIB
- Some received problematic crib. It that happens, contact with them right away!
PROS OF GRACO SOLANO CONVERTIBLE CRIB
- Pretty sturdy fixed side crib with the cheap cost that converts to toddler bed, daybed and full-size bed.
- Free crib and toddler bed self-expanding mattress!
- Beautiful, elegant yet simple design crib made of wood.
- Four (4) colors: Cherry, Espresso, White and Pebble Grey to perfectly align with the nursery.
- Made of high-quality pine wood.
- Huge parent’s recommendation rate.
- Fits with any standard size crib. Also, it has three adjustable mattress positions. The dimensions of the crib are 55.9 x 29.7 x 41.4 inches.
- Perfectly safe for the baby. JPMA certified. All finishes are non-toxic.
CONS OF GRACO SOLANO CONVERTIBLE CRIB
- Have complaints about StorkCraft customer services.
We believe we have discussed every major and popular crib of Graco including their perfectly matched mattress that fits snugly, changing table, crib protector etc. We analyzed all of their cribs based on price, materials, and customer feedbacks in this prolonged Graco crib reviews.
So it is our recommendation that if you are looking for a great sturdy crib with the lowest price, Graco Freeport convertible crib is your ultimate choice.
But if you want to spend a little more for greater quality and design, Graco Charleston Convertible Crib should be your choice.