Unless you get it from the right place, you won’t get the best formula to transition from breast milk. You will keep trying several brands blindly and your baby will keep screaming from hard stools. A nightmare and frightening scenario for many parents.
But you are in the right place! If you get yours from my recommended list mentioned below, switching from breastmilk to formula at 6 months or lower will become easy. Your baby can digest easily without facing the horrible consequences of constipation.
Best Baby Formula For Breastfed Babies Comparison Table
|View On Amazon|
|View On Amazon|
|View On Amazon|
Similac Pro-Advance (3 pack)
|View On Amazon|
|View On Amazon|
5 Formula To Transition From Breast Milk Reviews 2020
All the 5 formulas for babies reviewed here are also recommended by thousands of happy parents and pediatricians.
But then again, you must be realistic. No matter how good it is or how many parents have recommended it, your baby may not like it. But you have really higher chance that your baby will like it if you get it from the above table. Let’s have their detailed review now.
Enfamil NeuroPro Gentlease
Breast to bottle feeding transition won’t be seamless if the formula smells horrible. Your baby won’t gain weight as expected. Enfamil NeuroPro formula for babies does not taste or smell horrible and many mamas have confirmed that helped with their babies’ weight gain. Yes, it’s a little bit costly but it keeps both the baby and you happy.
There are many of them but most of them will lead to the constipation of your baby. Your baby won’t poop for several days and scream constantly. I believe you are familiar with the same scenario. Many mommies faced this horrible problem.
Then they found this miracle that does not cause this problem. It completely solves the constant screaming and straining problem! If your baby has severe colic, you should switch to this and add some probiotic drops. You will notice the night and day difference. Of course, consult with your pediatrician first.
Your baby will poop normally several times a day. And she will be happy and smiling. When you can’t breastfeed your baby, this is what you want to feed. This is what I want for my little one. Don’t let the extra cost deter you from feeding this miracle formula.
Enfamil alone has so many other variations. But for many parents, only this one was the winner. Many parents have left their feedback saying it has solved the tummy troubles for the little angel. Not more hard/loose stools or gas/colic problems.
Not sure whether it will reduce passing the gas problem, but it will make passing it easy for your little one.
Switching from breastmilk to formula at 6 months or lower is a hard decision to make. You won’t find the most suitable one unless you try several formulas. But if you try this first, I am confident it will suit your baby for sure. It has made many babies happier from day one!
Pros & Vital Information
- Available in many styles to satisfy various needs. You can get it for soft stools or for sensitive babies. Refill packs available too.
- A close substitute for breastmilk. It develops the digestive and immune system of your baby too.
- Suitable for babies up to 12 months. Within just 24 hours, you will see the improvements.
- It features a very gentle protein blend so that your baby can easily digest it and poop normally.
- Huge recommendations from pediatricians to calm the fussy babies and solve their gassy problem.
- It contains much-needed Omega 3 DHA and protein blend of MFGM. Those elements reduce fuzziness and passing the gas problem of your baby.
- Several studies have found that the MFGM helps to the cognitive development of the babies too. DHA & choline helps to develop the cognitive brain.
- For many moms, this is a lifesaver. It totally solved the fuzziness problem.
- Depending on your baby, it may cause constipation problems as well.
A very close one to natural breastmilk. Yes, that’s what the brand claims, but this exactly what countless parents have confirmed too! More so, many moms have called it the miracle baby powder that your baby can digest easily and happily. The recommendations from pediatricians and happy parents are priceless!
No more guilty or sad feeling of not being able to breastfeed your baby. It ensures all the nourishment your baby needs for both physical and mental growth. Just like drinking natural milk. Very suitable for breastfeeding and formula feeding at the same time.
They call it the next best thing to your breastmilk. Natural breastmilk dries out fast and you need something that makes the transition a breeze. Similac Pro-Advance is the secret of many parents who have done the transition without any hassle and relentless crying of their babies.
Just pour it into the bottle for breastfeeding with clean water and shake a little. Your little one will love it. Many parents have got it from hospitals for the first time and from the very beginning, their babies were comfortable with it.
For some reason, if your baby won’t like the Enfamil Gentlease reviewed above, you can give it a try. Many have confirmed to have no digestion issues at all.
Who does love to see their babies content after eating formula foods? This is exactly what you will see when you introduce it to your baby. Your baby will love the taste, no foul smell at all. Your baby won’t give any hard time feeding it.
After introducing this to their babies, there was no more fussing and passing gas was easier. In several cases, it made their babies less gassy as well! Since introducing this brand, the painful problem of grunting or straining was completely gone. No wonder why so many parents call it a blessing.
Why Should You Get It?
- It has all the vital elements for the proper growth of your baby including the brain, eye, and overall growth.
- Great for infants to 12-month babies.
- Proudly made in the U.S.A. Uncompromised quality.
- No odd smell. So, there is a greater chance your baby will love it from day one.
- Non-GMO and no artificial growth hormone used.
- Countless parents have confirmed it reduced the fuzziness significantly.
- It comes in a beautiful container with a scooper too.
- Very easy to prepare. Mix with water and shake! 1 scoop of formula with 2 oz of water is all you need to calm the baby. Made the transitioning a breeze for lots of parents.
- As per Nielsen’s data, this is one of the most fed brands in many hospitals across the U.S.A.
- After spending a fortune on lots of brands, many parents have settled with this.
- Still, your baby may not like it at all.
Earth’s Best Organic Infant Formula With Iron
It contains the most vital elements like Omega-3 DHA and Omega-6 ARA that are only found on breastmilk. Most popular among parents who finally calmed the fuzzy baby with this one. Organic and non-GMO. What more do you expect?
Your baby gets all the important nutrition that is necessary for her physical and cognitive development. Like the previous one I reviewed, it also helps your baby to digest better and poops normally. It has already calmed the troubling tummies for countless babies. No wonder why so many pediatricians have recommended this.
After countless researches and heartbreaking trials, many parents have finally settled with Earth’s best infant powder. It’s probably the most affordable formula for supplementing too. But do not doubt it’s quality. Check all those positive feedback it got, then decide for yourself.
When several moms noticed their baby’s poop turned to green, they became anxious. Their babies were relentlessly crying from the severe stomach pain trying other formulas. Finally, they feed it to their babies and their babies become happy once again. So, don’t be surprised why so many parents have called it the best baby formula for breastfed babies out there.
Since the smell is nice, so your baby will drink it happily. From the day one of feeding this to your baby, you will notice the color of your baby poops turned to normal. It will look like your baby was drinking your breastmilk. A god-sent formula for babies is what so man panicked parents call it.
As a mom, I know how difficult it is to determine what to feed your baby when I can’t breastfeed. It can drive your nuts. This is the solution you have been looking for so long that mixes easily and your baby drinks happily.
What several other brands could not do it, it did it successfully. Lots of happy moms and babies. Give it a try, maybe it will become a lifesaver for you. And then you will see why so many parents call it the best formula to transition from breast milk.
- Suitable for the first 12 months. Totally organic and complete in nutrition.
- Apart from Omega 6 ARA and Omega 3 DHA for eye and brain development, the formula based on lactose milk contains iron as well for your baby’s healthy growth.
- Develops the baby’s immune system as well. Thanks to its Prebiotic element.
- Yes, it is Kosher.
- Enriched with high-quality proteins. Very easy to digest.
- It meets the strict regulations of the FDA.
- No artificial growth hormones added.
- Many parents have confirmed that it has solved the constipation problem of their babies.
- A great alternative to soften too hard stools of your screaming baby.
- Many brands claim the same but many parents have confirmed the experience is closed to breastfeed your baby. From the very first day of drinking it, they said goodbye to gas and constipation problems.
- Again, it depends on whether it will be suitable for your baby or not. There are several incidents where it causes the constipation problem.
Similac Pro-Advance (Pack of 3)
For most of the babies, Similac Pro-Advance works like a charm and they like to buy it in bulk. It is physician approved and lots of moms are now happy knowing their babies are getting something very close to their breast milk. Thanks to its 2’- FL HMO! Perfect for 0 to 12 months infants.
It’s enriched with iron including vital elements like DHA. It has already proven to be digestible and apparently many parents have reported noticing that it did not create any constipation problem for their babies. Significantly reduced the gassy problem ensuring natural physical growth and immune system development.
There are plenty of evidence where it helped the growth-restricted babies tremendously. Of course, things work out differently for various babies but it was a god-sent gift for many preemies with placenta problems. The pediatrician introduced it from day one and the subsequent growth was just like a normal baby!
When no other formula for baby works, you should introduce it to your little angel. Out of desperation, many parents gave it to their babies and they love it. No throwing up and their babies were pooping normal. However, you should only buy it if you have previously bought Similac and had a good experience.
No foul smell and it’s very easy to drink. In a bottle or baby sippy cup, mix it with water as recommended and your infant will be happy to drink it. Many parents tried it themselves first and they have confirmed it’s very easy to drink. Many moms have never switched from the Similac because it was their pediatrician’s recommended brand.
If you are familiar with the ready to use the version of the Similac, the powder formula version will work even better for you. If that works out for you, don’t switch from the brand. At the end of 12 to 13 months, just switch to cereal.
Pros & Vital Info
- Award-winning brand and pediatricians favorite recommendation.
- The perfect blend of Lutein, DHA, and Vitamin E to develop and improve the immune system and physical growth.
- Very easy to digest for the infants. Your little girl or boy will do well on this formula.
- Pro Similac brand users have confirmed that this is a much better version of their products and cost-effective too per ounce.
- Very rare incidences of causing constipation. Very rare cases of showing any adverse side effects as well.
- It has already made lots of parents’ life easier.
- Affordable if you compare it with store price.
- It’s an upgraded version of the Similac Advance. Apparently, Similac Advance caused some constipation issues for some babies. With the Similac Pro Advance, these parents got their problem solved.
- Don’t be hesitant. Trust the huge recommendations of happy parents.
- Though rare, there is still a chance that it will cause constipation.
Happy Baby Organic Infant Formula
When all the other brands don’t work and are repulsed by your infant, maybe you should try the Happy Baby organic baby formula for breastfed babies. It’s relatively new in the market in comparison with other brands reviewed here but already got pretty amazing feedback from lots of happy parents.
No corn syrup used to make this formula and this is probably why babies tend to like it at first try. This is exactly what you need to win the challenge of successfully transitioning the baby from breastfeeding to formula, right? According to many parents, it helps with the natural growth of the baby too.
Unlike other brands, it comes in 2 versions. Stage one is suitable for 0 – 12 months of babies. Stage 2 is suitable for 6 – 12 months old babies. So, if your baby was breastfeeding for the first few months, you should choose the latter one.
After trying the 4th or 5th formula like Enfamil Gentlease, many parents got this and their babies loved it. The other brands were causing gassing discomfort. Trying Similac Sensitive did do any better for them. Other brands even made the situation even worse.
It’s the sad truth that you have to try it several times to get the right formula for your baby but this is what you must do to ensure the overall well-being of your baby. After feeding the Happy Baby, the gas problem and constipation issue completely gone!
No bad smell to disrupt the baby. It gives the same experience of having breast milk and her tiny stomach won’t be bothering her anymore! That’s the reason why so many moms call it the heaven-sent formula for the baby.
Some parents thought their babies were lactose intolerant because nothing worked for them. After introducing the formula milk for baby 0-6 months, their nightmare ended. No spits up or vomiting. Only gulping!
- Organic formula enriched with iron for ideal growth. Full of all the key vitamins and minerals found in breast milk. Everything is carefully blended so that your baby can tolerate it easily.
- Pure cow milk dairy from an organic farm. Little to no evidence of rash or digestive issues.
- Proudly made in the U.S.A.
- Enriched with prebiotics to develop the immune system.
- Gluten-free and non-GMO. No corn syrup solids.
- If you have a Baby Brezza, the right setting is 6 to prepare the formula. Or you can use any baby food processor to prepare it.
- You can premake it and store it in the freezer for feeding later. It stays good for up to 24 hours!
- You should mix it with warm water (100F/40C) to get the optimum result. It’s a little over room temperature.
- Totally corn and egg-free.
- Affordable cost.
- A little bit foamy.
You must ignore the cost and trust the countless positive feedback from experienced parents to get the best formula to transition from breast milk. And if you can’t get the right one that your baby likes, the breast to bottle feeding transition will become even more challenging.
As you can see, I did not review a lot of them and I believe you will no longer wonder what is the closest formula to breast milk, right? I have covered only the few 5 so that you can make the decision easily.