Ever heard of a crib that lasts a lifetime? Well, Violet 7-in-1 Convertible LifeStyle Crib does. At the end of reading Dream On me Violet crib reviews, you will know why it is loved by hundreds of thousands of satisfied parents.
Table of Contents
- 1 Features of DOM Violet 7-in-1 Convertible Crib
- 2 Mattress & Protective pad Info
- 3 Tips From Experienced Parents
- 4 Other Features of Dream On Me Violet Crib
- 5 Final Thought
With its sturdy wood construction and second to none versatile convertibility, Violet lasts longer than any crib available for sale. And it does that with the lowest price which is just great for parents looking for a crib under a tight budget. Just for your information, Stork Craft and Graco also has reputation for producing low priced cribs too.
Really, how much you wanna pay for a great quality standard size crib that converts to a toddler bed, daybed (with 2 options), and full-size bed(with 2 options)?
I don’t know about you, but you can get Dream On Me Violet crib for as low as under $150. Yes, you heard me right 🙂
You surely know the goodwill of Dream On Me (Commonly known as DOM), then I am pretty sure you heard about Million Dollar Baby (The MDB) too. The MDB actually owns Dream On Me as well as DaVinci. And MDB is famous for great quality baby products, right?
And the crib is a perfect combination of minimalistic design and elegant looks. So it fits any types of nurseries. The gently curved top bar and smooth, flowing spindles really make the Violet stand alone.
Violet comes with a recommended crib mattress named “Dream On Me Spring Crib and Toddler Bed Mattress”. You gonna need a crib mattress and it is always wise to use the recommended mattress. Besides, the recommended mattress is also as popular as Violet.
Features of DOM Violet 7-in-1 Convertible Crib
Now, I am gonna talk about all the features like convertibility, colors, safety reviews etc to make it a complete Dream On Me Violet crib reviews.
Besides, If I miss something or you need to know anything more, just comment in the comment field and I will try to answer it. Remember, this review is based on true and honest testimonials from parents who actually used it. You will know all the good and bad about Violet crib.
Almost all standard size cribs can be converted to a toddler bed, daybed, and full-size bed. Well, you can do the same with Dream On Me Violet and it has no moving parts. Moreover, you can convert it to a twin bed with two set up options.
Well, you can set up the twin bed with or without the footboard. You can also do the same for a full-size bed. You need to buy these conversion kit separately though along with the mattress.
So, do you know how to convert any crib to a daybed?
Just like Dream On Me Violet crib, any crib you buy from online comes with an assembly manual. If you don’t have any previous experience of assembling a crib or conversions, just read the assembly instructions carefully. You will know everything you need to know.
Now, for daybed conversion, all you have to do is to remove the front rail from the crib, then assemble the bottom bar after you adjust the mattress positions. Easy, right?
Now let’s read some safety reviews on Violet.
Dream On Me Violet Crib Reviews: SAFETY REVIEWS
This one is big…
Crib safety is something, you can’t overlook. I don’t want to scare you, but over the last few decades, around 32 child death happened due to SIDS. And, unsafe cribs were one of the main reason. Just search google about SIDS, and you will know it all.
To make cribs safe for babies, different government agencies have set rules and regulations. ASTM International and U.S. CPSC safety standards are some of them. This is where you need to concentrate. You buy Violet or not, make sure whatever crib you choose meets these standards.
And I won’t be writing this Dream On Me Violet crib reviews unless it is up to snuff. Yes, Violet meets or in some cases exceeds ASTM International and U.S. CPSC safety standards.
Not just Violet, all of the cribs of Dream On Me are free of lead, phthalates, latex and BPA (Bisphenol-A). In case you don’t know phthalate and BPA are known as “everywhere chemicals” which just harmful not just for your baby, for you too.
Besides, all the finishes of Dream On Me Violet crib are completely non-toxic and to ensure that every crib of MDB family has to go through a multi-step painting process.
Mattress & Protective pad Info
Now it’s time to cover the most important part of Dream On Me Violet crib reviews. Yes, you guessed it right, the mattress!
The good news is, Violet has four (4) adjustable mattress positions so that you can use it for the infant and gradually lower the mattress as the baby grows. So, if your LO is an escape artist, you will find 4 adjustable mattress positions as a blessing.
Any standard size crib from any brand fits the crib. So, if you already have one, you are good to use it. But, if you need to buy a new one, consider buying Violet’s recommended “Dream On Me Spring Crib and Toddler Bed Mattress”.
Sooner or later, you gonna need a crib and toddler bed protective pad cover. The good news is, Violet comes with a recommended pad cover too which you can buy simultaneously.
So, consider buying “American Baby Company Waterproof Fitted Quilted Crib and Toddler Protective Pad Cover”.
Tips From Experienced Parents
You may or may not know, just like any other convertible crib, Dream On Me Violet crib comes with lots of stickers. And trust me, it’s so annoying and difficult to remove them with bare hands.
So, this is what experienced parents did. As per their advice, use WD-40. In case you don’t know about it, it’s a penetrating oil and water-displacing spray. Set the WD-40 on stickers for a minute and use something like a credit card to remove those stickers.
Hold on… I know another solution!
Instead of WD-40, you can use a warm wet towel on those stickers for a minute and remove them!
Other Features of Dream On Me Violet Crib
Now, let’s talk about its color, material, and other issues so that you don’t miss anything in this Dream On Me Violet crib reviews.
- Colors: The crib comes with six (6) different finishes. You can choose from Black, Cherry, Espresso, Natural, Royal Blue, and White finishes. With that huge color range, it’s so easy to match with your other nursery furniture.
- Weight & Dimension: Violet is a standard size crib having the dimension of 58L x 29W x 39H with only 44 pounds of weight. The shipping dimension of the crib is 34″ x 53 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. As you can see, it’s a pretty lightweight crib, but that does not mean you can move it from door to door. So be sure to assemble the crib in the final place where you want to put it. Only a mini crib can fit through a standard size door. Besides, it’s not a crib having wheels, so subsequent moving will be difficult.
- 100% Wood: The crib is made of 100% pine wood from New Zealand’s sustainable pine forest.
Pros of Dream On Me Violet Crib
- Huge parents recommendations for friends and family.
- For the price, Violet is second to none!
- All the tools required to assemble the crib are well prepackaged and labeled clearly.
- Very easy to assemble the crib. Average assembly time is more or less 20 minutes.
- With 4 adjustable mattress positions, even short parents can use the crib.
- Many parents bought it for the second or third time too.
Cons of Dream On Me Violet Crib
- Upon unpackaging, some found dents and scratches on the crib. If that cross the acceptable limit, contact with Dream On Me.
- Some complained about missing manual.
- As reported by some parents, the espresso is NOT truly espresso. It’s more like Cherry.
Aha….so we have come to an end. As you can see we have covered each and every issue in the Dream On Me Violet crib reviews. If I missed something or you need to know anything more, just let me know in the comment box.
Considering, all of the parents’ reviews and recommendations, and if you are on a tight budget, Dream On Me Violet should do the job for you.