It’s so natural you want to keep an eye to your Little One always. To do so, you need to move the crib from room to room, easily. Besides, who doesn’t move a little, right? Maybe overnight stay at grandpa’s home? This is where best folding crib with wheels serves the purpose well.
Have a cup of coffee, it’s gonna be a pretty long article. But if you want to move to the point quickly, use the following table of content.
Table of Contents
- Recommended Best Crib With Wheels
- Dream On Me, Classic 3 in 1 Crib Review
- DaVinci Jenny Lind 3-in-1 Convertible Crib
- DaVinci Alpha Mini Rocking Crib Review
- Delta Children Portable Mini Crib Review
- DOM Full Size 2 in 1 Folding Stationary Side Crib
- DOM 2 in 1 Lightweight Folding Portable Crib
- Show Love By Sharing:
- Like this:
Recommended Best Crib With Wheels
There are a lot of cribs with wheels available for sale, even on Amazon. This is where people get lost or confused.
Wheels on a crib are just a feature that is available in a standard size convertible crib, mini crib and mini crib that rocks too!
So which one to choose?
Well, after analyzing all available information, reading all parents reviews & recommendations, and reading testimonials from child care business owners, we have prepared our recommended crib with locking wheels.
We will give you full information on each of them, including 3 others.
Three prominent brands like Dream On Me (Commonly known as DOM), Delta Children, and DaVinci have some popular cribs with wheels. Back in a few days ago, we have written a complete review on Dream On Me cribs and Delta Children crib. You are welcome to read them too.
Dream On Me, Classic 3 in 1 Crib Review
If you are on a tight budget and still need the sturdy crib for long time use, this should be the ultimate choice for you. DOM does not have a much cheap crib like Storkcraft or Graco, but this model is really affordable for all. It’s not what we think, it’s just honest recommendations from lots of parents.
Hundreds of parents are in love with it’s no-nonsense, pure simple design. It’s available for sale on Amazon. When you buy anything from online, you actually buy it without seeing it. So, we will give you important information as much as possible, so that you don’t regret in future.
It’s always wise to use the company recommended crib mattress with the crib. Yep, the crib comes with a recommended crib mattress too. We will give a very brief, yet informative review on the mattress too.
Features Of Dream On Me Classic Crib
- Optional locking wheels: As mentioned earlier, Alpha Mini is a crib with wheels. You can assemble the crib without wheels. Even without wheels, you can move the crib easily as it is lightweight. The wheels roll smoothly even on carpet and hardwood.
- Colors To Match Nursery: Not just DOM Classic 3-in-1, any crib you decide to buy, should match with other pieces of furniture in the nursery or daycare. For your Little One and to match the nursery, there are 5 non-toxic finishes available colors for the crib. You can buy from cherry, black, espresso, white, and natural.
- Long Time Usage: Apart from its solid wood sturdy construction, the crib can be converted to a toddler bed and daybed. It does not come with the toddler bed, you need to buy it separately. Assembly of the crib is super easy. Average assembly time is just 30 minutes.
- The dimension of the crib is 54L x 31W x 40H inches when assembled. The shipping dimension of the crib is 53″L x 32″W x 5″ H. Recommended weight of the crib for the toddler bed is 50 pounds.
- Mattress Info: Ideal mattress size for the crib is 52″ L x 28″. Three adjustable mattress positions make the crib more convenient for parents. The mattress sits on metal springs which are even better than particle board. When the baby is an infant, you need to set the mattress at the top most position. When the baby can stand, you need to set the mattress at the lowest setting. As mentioned earlier, the crib comes with a recommended mattress namely “Dream On Me 4″ Full-Size Foam Crib and Toddler Bed Mattress”. You can find a complete review on it. Just keep reading.
- Perfectly safe for the baby. All dream on me cribs meets or exceed U.S. CPSC and ASTM International safety rules.
- You can use any crib mobile for baby development too.
Pros Of Dream On Me Classic Crib
- Lowest priced great crib on wheels ever!
- Highest rated and recommended by parents among crib with locking wheels.
- Have plastic protector on the top edges so that your baby can’t damage the rail and her teeth.
- Perfect for baby boy or girl.
- Stationary side rail design to avoid SIDS. Worried about having no ‘drop down’ feature? Don’t be! Parent with heavy baby and back pain already verified having no trouble at all.
- The teething rails save the crib along with teeth of your baby.
- Not bulky at all. Very lightweight (only 36 pounds).
- Purely odorless.
- Perfect for twin baby up to six months.
Unless you already have a standard size crib mattress, we strongly recommend you using the recommended “Dream On Me 4″ Full-Size Foam Crib and Toddler Bed Mattress” with the crib. This mattress not only fits snugly but widely recommended by a lot of parents. You can buy the mattress from Amazon. Just click on the image.
Why is it recommended?
Most of the standard size cribs have the dimension of 52″ x 27.2″ inches available for sale online. But to fit snugly with DOM classic crib, you need a standard size crib that has a dimension of 52″ x 28″. The recommended mattress has the exact dimension to fit the crib with wheels snugly so there are no spaces for baby to slip or roll into.
Why You Should Buy The Mattress?
- Great money savings. Much lower price than other crib mattresses.
- In terms of safety, Dream On Me is second to none. All of their mattresses meet 16 CFR 1632 /1633 Federal Flammability Standards as well as ASTM Standards.
- 4 inches thick with a dimension of 52″ x 28″. Just to clear some confusions, yes the mattress will fit when you convert the crib with wheels to the toddler bed.
- Pretty firm mattress to reduce the risk of baby suffocation and SIDS.
- Fits all other standard size cribs.
- Very lightweight (only 3.5 pounds).
- Easy to wipe clean the mattress with warm water and soap.
Cons Of Dream On Me Classic Crib
- If you are short, to be more specific (shorter than 5 feet), it won’t suitable for you. We have written a complete article on cribs for petite moms for your ready references.
- Most standard crib mattress has a size of 52″ L x 27.2″. But if you buy these cribs, they won’t fit snugly with the crib.
- Not ideal as co-sleeper.
- Not perfect for small space. If you need cribs especially suitable for small space, we have written a long fat article on cribs for small space.
DaVinci Jenny Lind 3-in-1 Convertible Crib
You may already be heard about DaVinci. If so, you already know that DaVinci is prominent for some best convertible cribs. Especially their Kalani convertible crib is loved by thousands of parents.
Jenny Lind is the only crib with wheels manufactured by DaVinci. Considering it’s timeless design, optional wheels, and high safety reviews, Jenny Lind is proven to add an aura to the nursery. Another good thing about the crib is that it comes with free toddler rail with some of it’s selected non-toxic finishes.
The crib comes with exact match changing table named “Jenny Lind Changing Table”. Since it is another of our editorial recommended crib on wheels along with vast parents recommendations, we have written a brief review on them too.
As a part of DaVinci crib reviews, we have already written a full review on DaVinci Jenny Lind crib. So, if you need much detailed information on it, you are welcome to check it out. For now, we will just give you some important features and pros of Jenny Lind. Then we will move to its recommended changing table.
For now, we will just give you some important features and pros of Jenny Lind. Then we will move to its recommended changing table.
Important features of Jenny Lind
- It’s a standard size crib with wheels having a dimension of 54.6 x 30.4 x 41.1 inches. So, any standard size crib mattress fits the crib. If you already have one, you are good to use it. However, if you are to buy a new crib mattress, you should buy it’s recommended crib mattress namely “Safety 1st Heavenly Dreams Stars a Plenty Baby Mattress”. The crib grows along with the growth of your baby with it’s 4 adjustable mattress position.
- Along with traditional 3 colors: Cherry, White, and Ebony, Jenny Lind comes with non-traditional Sunshine and Lagoon colors. You can get toddler bed conversion kit completely free with these two non-traditional colors.
- Assembly is super easy. But read the manual first. Watch the video on how to assemble Jenny Lind crib.
Now let’s talk about it’s recommended changing table.
Features of Jenny Lind Changing Table
Perfect pairing with Jenny Lind convertible crib. If you decide to have a crib with wheels especially Jenny Lind crib, and you need a changing table, you really should not think about any other changing table. With perfect matched color, classic design, assembly free feature and unbeatable affordable cost, there is no alternative to Jenny Lind changing table.
Still, have confusion?
Just check some other brand’s changing table at Babies R Us or anywhere else and then you must agree we are not exaggerating.
- Completely safe. Comes with four (4) non-toxic colors: Cherry, White, Ebony, and Fog Grey. Each finish goes through multi-step painting process and is completely lead and phthalate free. In short, it meets all ASTM International safety standards.
- Safety strap and Anti-tip kit included.
- Along with its maximum 30 pounds weight recommendation, exact dimension of the crib is 36.2 x 19.2 x 40 inches.
- Sturdy for a very very long time.
- Plenty of storage. Though there is never ENOUGH storage for a baby 🙂
- The distance between two shelves is 11 inches.
- Eligible for free replacement parts.
- A large number of thoroughly satisfied customers.
Cons of Jenny Lind Changing Table
- The included changing pad is worst. But it’s not a biggie as the price is great and you can always buy a separate one.
DaVinci Alpha Mini Rocking Crib Review
A great space saver! You need a crib with wheels and suitable for the nursery, DaVinci Alpha Mini Rocking crib is the ultimate choice. The previous two cribs we talked about were not suitable for a small nursery. But this one is just perfect for small spaces or shared room.
With its surprisingly lowest price and removable casters & locking wheels, Alpha Mini Rocking has already won hearts of a vast number of parents.
It’s a mini crib with locking wheels and you need a mini crib mattress that fit snugly. The good news is that it comes with a recommended crib mattress namely “DaVinci Crescent Mini Crib Universal Fit Waterproof 50-Coil Mattress with Border Wire”. You will get a quick review on the mattress too.
But first, watch the video where you will get real mom’s review on it.
Also if you if need a mini crib sheet for it, the company recommends using “American Baby Company 100% Cotton Percale Fitted Portable/Mini-Crib Sheet”.
Features Of DaVinci Alpha Mini Rocking Crib
- To align perfectly with other types of furniture of the nursery, Alpha Mini comes with four (4) popular colors: Espresso, Cherry, White, and Natural.
- The crib really rocks gently even on carpets when you remove the wheels and rocking stops easily.
- The dimension of the crib is 38.8 x 26 x 35.2 inches. With that dimension, it’s really easy to move through standard doorways so parents can easily move the mini crib around the home to keep in touch with the baby.
- As you can see, it’s a mini crib. So any mini/portable crib mattress fit the crib. The great news is that it has four (4) adjustable mattress positions which are pretty rare in mini cribs. The lowest mattress setting is really low which is great for babies who like to pull up all times.
- Very lightweight (only 25.5 pounds). Maximum weight recommendation for the crib is 50 pounds. Slats strength is 149 pounds.
- Safe in all way. In fact, safety review of the crib is very high. Alpha Mini meets ASTM International and U.S. CPSC safety standards. Made of 100% solid pine wood and CARB II compliant MDF. The crib is finished in the non-toxic multi-step painting process. Also, it’s lead and phthalate safe.
Pros Of DaVinci Alpha Mini Rocking Crib
- Very high parents recommendation for friends and family.
- Definitely affordable price. The crib is really unbeatable in terms of price for such a great quality.
- Lots of repeated customers.
- Perfect for long time use.
- Comes with 1” thick waterproof pad (notice, it’s a pad NOT mattress!).
- Great alternative to bassinets.
- Very sturdy. No matter how many times you move the crib, it holds up really well.
- Smell free.
Cons Of DaVinci Alpha Mini Rocking Crib
- Most parents don’t use the free only 1” thick waterproof pad. It’s really flimsy.
Best Fitted Mattress With Alpha Mini Crib
Believe it or not, it’s really not that easy to find out the perfectly fitted mattress for a mini crib. To avoid the future hassle and lots of disappointments, Alpha Mini rocking crib comes with a recommended mini crib mattress, as mentioned earlier.
So, here is a quick review on it’s recommended mattress namely “DaVinci Crescent Mini Crib Universal Fit Waterproof 50-Coil Mattress with Border Wire”.
Best Features Of The Mattress
- A Large number of satisfied customers. As per their opinion, it’s definitely better than many other brands available for sale on Amazon.
- With its dimension of 37.1 x 23.8 x 5.8 inches, the mattress fits perfectly with any other mini crib.
- For additional firmness, the durable 50-coil Crescent mini mattress is crafted with tempered steel spring unit.
- Safe for the baby. Completely free of adhesives, lead, TRIS, phthalates, and toxic flame retardants.
- Completely waterproof as it has triple-laminated waterproof cover.
- Very firm (perfect balance between firmness and softness) and perfect for long time use.
Cons of 50-coil Crescent mini mattress
- Makes noise.
Delta Children Portable Mini Crib Review
So far we have discussed 3 cribs with wheels. None of them is portable. Here is how Delta Children Portable Mini crib can be a great choice for parents looking for a portable mini crib. It has all the features of a standard mini crib, the portability feature of the crib makes it popular among moving parents. A great option for as a moving crib.
This foldable portable mini crib actually takes less 35% space than other standard size cribs. Being a mini crib, that does not mean it has less height. It has a reasonably standard height (39.5 inches), so your baby won’t come out off the crib easily, even the baby is rambunctious.
We will discuss two more folding stationary side crib of Dream On Me. Since Delta Children Portable Mini Crib is our recommended crib among folding crib on wheels, an elaborated information sharing is required here.
Features Of Delta Children Portable Mini Crib
- Wonderful balance of functionality, design, and safety.
- Solid wood construction. As per many parents, the crib is strong and sturdy.
- Three color options: Cherry, White, and Natural. All finishes are non-toxic.
- It has the exactly assembled dimension of a mini crib: 39”W x 25” D x 37.25”H. So, any mini crib mattress of any brand fits the crib. Moreover, it has two (2) adjustable mattress positions. Also, with that dimension, you can move the crib from one to another easily through standard doorways. Assembly of the crib is super easy. Watch the official video when you can see how to assemble it.
- JPMA (Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association) certified, means it has been tested against federal and state laws and a sample of the product is tested in an independent lab. Meets or exceeds all government standards like ASTM International and U.S. CPSC safety standards. Lead and phthalate free.
- Tips: So, how long your baby should use a crib? Of course, it depends on many things. A crib is great until the baby can climb out of the crib or the baby reaches a height of 35 inches, whichever occur first.
Pros Of Delta Children Portable Mini Crib
- The crib folds flat and easier to fold than a pack n play. When stored away, it measures only 6”
- Optional casters. There are four casters for great portability.
- Even for short parents, it is easy to bend over and pick the baby out of the crib.
- Lots of repeated buyers (including parents and child care owners).
- Perfect for short trips.
- 1” thick pad free and eligible for free replacement parts.
- No odor of chemical or anything.
Cons Of Delta Children Portable Mini Crib
- Not convertible.
- Paint will chip off from the teething rail unless you use a protector.
DOM Full Size 2 in 1 Folding Stationary Side Crib
Another popular crib from Dream On Me with wheels. The greatest feature of the crib is that you can convert the crib to a full-size bed without any disassembling.
If you need a crib with wheels that ultimately converts to a full-size bed, this one is for you! Frankly speaking, it’s not the greatest crib, but if your baby moves a lot to grandpa’s house, this is great!
With its dual hooded locking wheels, stationary rail design, and non-toxic finishes, you can have all the benefits of a SAFE full-size bed including it’s folding benefits.
As a complete package, the crib comes with “Safety 1st Heavenly Dreams Stars a Plenty Baby Mattress” and “American Baby Company Waterproof Fitted Crib and Toddler Protective Mattress Pad Cover”.
Features of DOM Full Size 2 in 1 Folding Crib
- Direct conversion from crib to full-size bed. When the baby outgrows the crib, using Dream On Me’s patented folding system, simply fold flat and store.
- Six (6) incredibly amazing finishes to match any other pieces of furniture in the nursery. You get to choose from Black, White, Cherry, Espresso, French White, and Natural.
- The dimension of the crib is 29.2 x 53.2 x 46 inches. When folded, the dimensions become 53.25 inches long and less than 6 inches wide.
- Any standard crib mattress fits the crib. You will get two adjustable mattress positions for the crib. Unlike many other cribs, the mattress sits on edge of the crib which is very reliable.
- It’s from Dream On Me, right? So, forget about any safety hazard.
- The distance between slats is within the acceptable limit of 2 & ⅜ inches. The exact distance on side is 2 & ¼ & 1 & ½ on ends.
- Tips: Use a warm wet towel over the glued warning stickers for 2-3 minutes to properly remove these stickers. If you don’t do this, get ready to be disappointed!
Pros of DOM Full Size 2 in 1 Folding Crib
- So many satisfied clients including recommendations.
- Designed for both boys and girls. Perfect for daycare business too.
- Since it takes only 1-2 minutes to set up or take down the crib, it’s perfect for the small apartment too! Don’t worry about the sturdiness of the crib, it remains sturdy as always.
- Very cheap price for a full-size convertible crib with wheels. You can find more cheap baby crib from here.
Cons Of DOM Full Size 2 in 1 Folding Crib
- Not suitable for short parents (below 5’5”) at all.
- Very little finds assembling the crib ‘difficult’.
DOM 2 in 1 Lightweight Folding Portable Crib
This is the last crib with locking wheels review in the prolonged article. As the name indicates, it’s pretty lightweight (only 32 pounds), that makes it a perfect crib with wheels. Using just one hand, you can convert it to a playpen.
It has all the features of a portable crib that you can fold easily and store in a closet where it will take so little space! It folds flat and with its stationary rail design just like other DOM’s crib with wheels, the safety of your baby is ensured.
Now, let’s check how handy it can be in the video.
Features of DOM Lightweight Folding Portable Crib
- All locking wheels have safety hooded. Out of 4 optional wheels, 2 of them have locking features.
- You can match it with other nursery furniture as it comes with four non-toxic colors: Black, White, Cherry, and Espresso.
- The dimension of the lightweight folding crib is 39 x 25.8 x 38 inches. Depending on your need, you can buy a much thicker mattress (recommended 3”) suitable for portable/mini cribs. The crib has two adjustable mattress height settings for your convenience.
- Perfectly safe for the baby. Meets every major government standards including U.S. CPSC safety standards.
- Unisex design. Perfect for baby boys or girls.
Pros Of DOM Lightweight Folding Portable Crib
- Comes with free 1” thick mattress pad.
- It has teething rail to protect the crib’s paint and teeth of your baby.
- Lots of repeated buyers including so many child care business owners.
- Sturdy folding crib.
- Great space saver. Perfect for small space.
- Surprisingly low price. But as per many parents, don’t let the low price fool yourself, as the quality of the crib is just great.
Cons Of DOM Lightweight Folding Portable Crib
- Some parents got crib where holes were not drilled properly. If that happens to you too, contact with Dream On Me, they will send you a new one.
6 Best Crib With Wheels Reviewed Above
- Dream On Me, Classic 3 in 1 Convertible crib.
- DaVinci Jenny Lind 3-in-1 Convertible Crib
- DaVinci Alpha Mini Rocking Crib
- Delta Children Portable Mini Crib
- Dream On Me Full Size 2 in 1 Folding Stationary Side Crib
- Dream On Me 2 in 1 Lightweight Folding Portable Crib
Crib With Wheels Vs. Standard Crib
Just before dig down to each of these recommended cribs, you need to know some distinction between standard crib and crib on wheels.
Let’s just agree crib on wheels is different than traditional standard size crib in many ways. Most of the crib with locking wheels are mini in size and only some of them have locking wheels.
One great distinction between standard size and mini crib with wheels is the convertibility. While, standard size crib can be converted to toddler bed, daybed, and full-size bed, not a single of such crib can’t be converted to a full-size bed. Only very of them can be converted to a toddler bed.
But, that’s not all…
There are fewer adjustable mattress positions than standard size crib. Even in most of the cases, standard size kid mattress won’t fit the cribs with wheels.
Important Notice: If you buy a portable mini crib, never use it once the baby can stand.
So, what should you consider first before buying such a crib?
Check First Before Buying
- Optional Wheels: Make sure wheels are optional, meaning you can take off the wheels whenever needed.
- Size: If you are living in a small apartment and your nursery is small too, make sure you buy a mini crib with wheels. Such crib is even great for a shared room.
- If you want to move or need to overnight stay at somewhere else, may be at baby’s grandpa’s, then you must buy a portable one. Also, make sure the crib is foldable easily and take little space.
- Price is a huge factor too. You can find great cribs with casters/wheels at price ranging between $100 to $150.
- Read safety review carefully. Make sure your desired portable crib meets all government standards.
- Are their any matching crib bedding sets?
- And lastly, parents recommendations. How many parents have recommended the crib to their friends and family?
If you are still reading this, you have already know everything about crib with optional wheels. Along with standard size crib with casters/wheels, We have discussed some portable mini cribs too.
So which one to buy?
If you need a standard size crib that you can move from room to room, then Dream On Me Classic 3-in-1. But due to small space or whatever reasons, if you need to buy a mini crib with wheels, then definitely go for DaVinci Alpha Mini crib.
The choice is YOURS…