The height of almost all standard size cribs is more 42 inches. While this height does not matter for taller moms, it can be really problematic for short moms. Wouldn’t it be great if there were some best cribs for short moms? Luckily, there are. Babyletto convertible cribs are great solutions for short parents.
Table of Contents
- Best Cribs For Short Moms Comparison Table
- Hudson 3-in-1 convertible crib
- Babyletto Modo 3-in-1 convertible crib
- Babyletto Lolly 3-in-1 Convertible Crib
- Centennial Medford – Petite Crib For Short Moms
- Evolur Santa Fe From Dream On Me
Best Cribs For Short Moms Comparison Table
|View On Amazon|
|View On Amazon|
|View On Amazon|
Dream On Me Aden
|View On Amazon|
|View On Amazon|
Evolur Santa Fe
|View On Amazon|
To be more specific, Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 convertible crib, Babyletto Modo 3-in-1 convertible crib has a height of only 35 inches and Babyletto Lolly 3-in-1 Convertible crib has a height of 35.2 inches.
There is a mini crib having a height of only 36 inches named Dream On Me 4 in 1 Aden Convertible Mini Crib.
We know, as a mom you have to put in or put out your baby from the crib a lot of times daily. And if you are a short mom, you already know how inconvenient it is for you if the height is relatively higher or even standard. Back pain is common for you.
That’s not all….
As you have already understood, finding low profile cribs for short moms is not so easy. You have to ask a lot of experienced short moms or research on the internet a lot.
Read online heights of all available cribs. And let’s say you found some cribs, what about the quality? Are they safe? Do they meet all safety standards?
Now we will give you some vital information about our recommended cribs as pros and cons. That way, you can make a better judgment.
Hudson 3-in-1 convertible crib
Most selling and positively reviewed crib model of Babyletto crib family. Anybody looking for convertible cribs for short moms, we recommend this one as the perfect choice.
In fact, we have written an entire in-depth article on Babyletto Hudson crib reviews just to cover what it has to offer to modern families.
In fact, among all other short cribs for short moms, Hudson is second to none.
Watch the official video walkthrough of Babyletto Hudson convertible crib.
Pros Of Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 convertible crib
- Has the lowest height (only 35 inches) a short mom can have.
- Made from sustainable New Zealand solid wood.
- It’s not just what the company said, it is a verified fact from a lot of moms.
- 100% safe for your baby. It is a GREENGUARD Gold Certified crib and meets all standards of ASTM International and U.S. CPSC safety standards.
- Free Toddler bed rail.
- Can convert to daybed and toddler bed.
- Comes with super easy assembly instructions.
- Four adjustable mattress height position. And you can use any standard size mattress of any brand. Many parents recommended Naturepedic No Compromise Organic Cotton Mattress.
- Vast Color range: espresso, white, gray, washed natural, espresso/white and gray/white
- Matching Changer dresser named Babyletto Hudson Changer Dresser
- You can use crib skirt available from any beautiful crib bedding sets and mobile.
- Reasonably priced. In fact, some moms said it is the half price of expensive cribs like Oeuf Sparrow crib. But you are getting the same quality for half of the price.
- Beautifully rounded spindles give the crib an elegant look.
- Proven to be sturdy for a very long time.
- Removable legs to lessen the height additionally.
- Very lightweight yet sturdy to move easily.
- Most positively reviewed crib for short moms available around the world.
Assembly of Babyletto Hudson crib
We care for you. Although the crib comes with great assembly instruction, watch the video tutorial on how to assemble the Hudson.
Cons Of Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 convertible crib
- Easy to dent as all other cribs. For your information, all cribs use softwood so that if the baby bumps, she does get hurt badly. Besides, babies like to chew everything. Softwood protects the teeth of the baby.
- The paint will chip off in a while if you don’t use any protector like any cribs.
- Such low height is not perfect for taller moms.
- Does not convert to a Full-Size bed.
Good Memories With Hudson 3-in-1 convertible crib
An extra petite mom under 5 feet in height was anxious before buying the Hudson crib. But after using the crib for a while, she said it is the best crib for short moms. She has recommended this one to her friends and family.
Another mom said with Hudson crib, parenting is much easier for short moms. She loved the elegant modern look of the crib and verified it is a very sturdy crib.
Perfect Match Mattress With Hudson Model
In all cases, you need to buy the mattress separately for any crib of any brand. As Hudson crib is our recommended fixed side crib for short moms, we would like to give you a short review on its perfectly matched two mattresses.
Our first recommended baby mattress for the Hudson model is Moonlit Slumber.
Pros of Moonlit Slumber
- Made in the USA.
- No allergic reaction.
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified.
- Easy to clean
- Side stitched.
- Proved to be long-lasting for lots of moms.
- High positive customer reviews.
Cons of Moonlit Slumber
- Very few found the vinyl smell. It that happens to you too, air it out for a while.
Another mattress named Sealy Soybean Foam Mattress matches perfectly with the Hudson model and so popular among parents.
Pros of Sealy Soybean Foam Mattress
- Made in the USA from soybean oils
- Waterproof and stain-resistant cover.
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified.
- For baby, they have voted the best brand in the USA
- Very lightweight makes it very easy to change sheets.
Cons of Sealy Soybean Foam Mattress
- It makes some noise as reported by some parents.
Babyletto Modo 3-in-1 convertible crib
This sleek, safe and sophisticated convertible crib is the almost same design of the Hudson model. The only difference in the design is its leg. Another difference is the color option.
While there are 6 color options in the Hudson model, you will get 5 color options in the Modo model. Obviously, it is less costly than the Hudson model too.
Among all our cribs for petite moms, this model is our second best recommendation.
Pros Of Babyletto Modo 3-in-1 convertible crib
- Have a perfect height of 35 inches.
- Can easily convert to daybed and toddler bed.
- Free Toddler bed rail.
- Safe for baby. It’s JPMA certified and meets ASTM International and U.S. CPSC safety standards.
- Five beautiful colors: espresso, espresso/white mix, gray, white and gray mix and white color
- Lead and phthalate safe including proven non-toxic finishes.
- Four adjustable mattress settings for additional comfort and baby safety.
- Easy crib assembly instructions, average crib assembly time is 40 minutes.
- Have an exact matching changer dresser named Babyletto Modo 3 – Drawer Changer Dresser.
- 100% proven solid wood from New Zealand pine wood grown in sustainable forests.
- You can use a crib skirt and mobile for additional aesthetic looks.
- Enough space underneath the crib for additional storage.
- Very Sturdy and looks really strong.
Cons Of Babyletto Modo 3-in-1 convertible crib
- Just like the Hudson model, it also does not convert to a full-size bed.
- The paint will chip off easily and wood is also easy to dent. That’s the case of every standard crib. It’s always recommended to use rail protectors.
- Some parents reported having damaged crib delivered to them. Remember this may happen due to the delivery company. If you get damaged crib or any parts missing from the crib, don’t hesitate to contact with Babyletto Customer Service. Babyletto will definitely replace the crib or send you the missing parts.
Just like the Hudson model, we also have written an elaborate article on Babyletto Modo crib. Feel free to check it out!
Want to see how to assemble the Modo convertible crib in the video? Here it is:
Babyletto Lolly 3-in-1 Convertible Crib
This is a very new addition to Babyletto crib family with quite different designs from Hudson and Modo model.
In a very short period of time, this one becomes so popular among parents that almost all of them recommend it to their friends and family. And not to mention, among low cribs for short moms, Lolly is getting popular.
With gently curved corners and out-of-the-box delicate natural feet, this crib is considered to be the most clever choice of stylish moms.
As it is new and as always anything new comes with something great, among our convertible cribs for short moms, you can consider it too.
Pros of Babyletto Lolly 3-in-1 Convertible crib
- Only 35.2 inches in height
- Very lightweight.
- Solid wood & CARB II compliant MDF
- JPMA & GREENGUARD Gold Certified.
- Three color choices: White/Natural, Black/Washed Natural, and Grey/Washed Natural.
- Non-toxic finishes.
- Free Toddler bed rail.
- Exact matching changer dresser named Lolly 3 – Drawer Changer Dresser.
- Any standard size mattress will fit.
- You can use a bed skirt.
- Have very high average positive reviews.
- Very Sturdy.
Cons of Babyletto Lolly 3-in-1 Convertible crib
- Someone said to have a smell from the crib.
- Very softwood to protect the baby. In crib assembly, you need to be careful.
We have recently written a complete review on Babyletto Lolly. You are welcome to check it out.
Would you consider a mini crib that has a perfect height and meeting all factors of great baby cribs for short moms?
Mini cribs are great in many ways. They are perfect for small spaces and very easy to move.
While we were doing research about crib solutions for short moms, we found Dream On Me 4-in-1 Aden crib can be a great choice.
Pros Of Dream On Me 4 in 1 Aden Convertible Mini Crib
- Very lightweight. It’s a weight of only 40 pounds. Very easy to move around.
- Can convert from crib to daybed and twin-size bed (You need to buy the twin bed frame and mattress separately).
- Have a height of only 36 inches.
- There are 3 adjustable mattress height positions.
- Any standard portable mini crib mattress will fit.
- Unbeatable price for such a good quality crib!
- Seven different colors: Black, Cherry, Espresso, Grey, Natural, White, French White.
- Vast positive reviews among mini crib perfect for short moms.
- Stationary rails instead of drop rails to ensure product safety. Additionally, it is lead-free and has non-toxic finishes.
- Perfect match with Dream On Me Marcus Changing Table and Dresser. Check this article on best-changing tables for more information.
- You can use bed skirts and mobile.
- Can be used as a co-sleeper.
- 6.5 inches space underneath the crib to use as additional storage.
Cons Of Dream On Me 4 in 1 Aden Convertible Mini Crib
- Scratch easily you don’t use any crib protector.
- Very few reported to found not properly finished crib.
- Some said it is too small.
What we recommend that, if you are willing to buy a mini crib then obviously this is a great choice for you. If you get any parts missing or already scratched or dented crib, just contact with Dream On Me. They will replace the crib or send the missing parts without any fuss.
Centennial Medford – Petite Crib For Short Moms
With just 32 inches in height, this is the lowest height crib for petite moms. You won’t be needing any extra step stool for those few inches. If you are even less than 5 feet, still you will find it highly convenient for you.
It is an expensive one because only the highest quality materials are used. Well-made and very sturdy once assembled. Parents have assembled and reassembled it several times, but still, it is holding up pretty well and still very sturdy.
Being a 4-in-1 sturdy convertible, it will serve your little one for a very long time. You can convert it to a toddler bed and to a full-size bed (you need to buy the conversion kit separately).
It’s made from real wood and will last for a very long time. So your investment is pretty safe and it will pay off in the long-run.
Regarding assembly of the crib; it is a piece of cake. If you are a first-time parent and wondering how hard it will be to assemble – please don’t. It won’t take you more than 30 minutes.
This awesome crib is available only in white colors. And by white color, I mean bright white color. Not off-white, creamy, or any other variation.
I know Centennial Medford is not a familiar brand like DaVinci or Babyletto. But I am pretty sure you are familiar with Munire, right? It got some impressive feedbacks on Baby Bargains.
It’s okay to have some hesitation. But I do encourage you to read more reviews from parents. Some of them were as hesitant as you too. But their reviews are really great about this crib.
Why Short Moms Should Buy It?
- You have a decent budget and you want a top-quality crib with lower height – that’s your best shot.
- Lower heights but standard size crib with the overall dimension of 60 x 49 x 32 inches.
- Fits any standard size crib mattress (27.5″ W x 52″ D). Height of the mattress is your own choice.
- Sturdy but lightweight. Weighs only 76 pounds.
- JPMA certified and meets CPSC standards. So, you have nothing to worry about the health hazards and other safety issues.
- Incredible craftsmanship; visually appealing.
- Great appreciation and recommendation from so many happy parents.
A Little Advice:
Due to the delivery or any other reason, you may receive already damaged crib. It happens! If that happens to you, just contact their customer support. They will take care of the issue.
Evolur Santa Fe From Dream On Me
But let me remind you first, it is NOT as lower height crib as others that I have reviewed above.
In fact, the height of the crib is 47” from the floor to the top of the crib rail. So, if you are less than 5 feet, you may find it uncomfortable.
But if you use a step-stool you can comfortably put in and out your baby.
Made from high-quality hardwood and veneers and it’s a well-made crib that is super durable.
It’s a 5-in-1 convertible crib that will serve your baby up to teenage age. From toddler bed to daybed to full-size bed, your little one will be using it for so many years. For that very same reason, it is expensive too.
Once you assemble it, you will get a solid and sturdy crib that will last for so many years to come. So, it deserves your every penny. Parents with height problem and tall parents as well, they are highly satisfied with this elegant crib.
Almost every parent left their feedbacks saying it exceeded their expectations and they are quite happy with their buying decision. Like them, you won’t be regretting having this exceptional quality crib for petite women.
It’s a gender-neutral crib, so you can have it for your little boy or girl. The finish looks great and available in multiple colors. So, it will fit in every nursery. More importantly, it is safe in every aspect: from health hazards to other severe safety issues.
Nothing fancy about this crib. The design is clean and simple. As you can see in the picture I attached here, it’s a great looking crib that will make your baby happy and YOU comfortable. But remember, to feel comfortable, you need to have a step-stool for YOURSELF.
Other Features of Evolur Santa Fe
- The overall dimension of this perfect short crib is 858” L(W) x 31” W(D) x 47” H. It’s the standard size.
- Any regular size mattress fits perfectly. FYI: It has 3 levels of adjustable mattress height settings. So, as the baby grows, you can lower the settings accordingly.
- Pretty lightweight too. Weighs only 68 pounds. Lightweight but sturdy crib is great when you need to assemble and reassemble the crib several times due to many reasons like moving to a new home or place.
- Available in 5 great colors like Storm Grey, Brush White, Antique Brown, Steel Grey, and Antique Mist. It will match with any interior decoration of any adorable nursery.
- It’s a 5-in-1 crib that converts to every possible bed for kids including toddler bed. But you need to buy the conversion kit separately. It does not come with the crib.
- Perfectly safe for the baby. Meets every crib safety regulation of the U.S. and Canada.
Two Must Consider Factors
While you plan to buy a convertible baby crib, you must consider some factors like crib dimensions, safety certificate, mattress and mattress position issues and last not least, other parents’ recommendations.
But if you are a short mom, let’s say less than 4’8”, you MUST consider the crib height first. So let’s talk about them.
- Types of Crib
For short mom, you can choose a standard size convertible crib, mini crib, a portable crib and so on. We will talk about 3 standard cribs and a mini crib here in detail.
2. Crib Height
First thing first. The height of almost any standard lower profile crib or mini crib is 35 inches. With that height, any short moms having a height of even less than 4’8” should feel comfortable. In fact, there is no crib having a height of fewer than 35 inches.
We researched almost all standard low cribs for short moms available for sale in 2020. The minimum height we found is 35 inches. Only Babyletto which is originally owned by Million Dollar Baby company has such low profile cribs.
Additional Factors To Consider In Crib
Just before finally choose your crib, we recommend you to consider some other pretty important factors to consider. Make sure any cribs for short moms, meet these factors too.
Should You Use Drop Side?
NO! Before 2010, using drop-sides was common to easy put in or put out the baby. In fact, even nowadays, using drop-sides is always tempting to many moms especially to short moms.
But to avoid mysterious and horrible SIDS, U.S. CPSC banned using drop-sides in 2010. From then, no crib manufacturers make cribs with drop sides. We don’t have to remember you that the safety of your baby comes first than your tiny comfort, right?
Mattress & Adjustable Mattress Positions
You can fit any standard-size crib mattress with our recommended low-profile cribs except the mini crib for short moms. A lot of experienced moms verified that.
You can use rounded corners or square cut mattresses of any brand like Moonlit Slumber or Sealy Soybean Foam mattress.
The number of mattresses position in the crib is a vital issue for short moms. The best crib for short moms should have as many adjustable mattress positions as possible. Normally, there are 3 to 4 adjustable mattress height positions in any standard crib.
So, how different adjustable mattress height positions help short moms?
For petite women, mattress position plays a vital role to easily pick up or put in the baby without any difficulties. All you have to do just set the mattress to the upper position. That way, the height of the crib will be much lower for you.
But there is a catch…
You must notice carefully whether your baby can climb out of the crib. If so, set the mattress at the lowest level. Normally that happens when your baby can move or stand up.
So, even you set the mattress at the lowest level then, the baby can reach out to you and you can easily pick her up.
Take Safety Issues Seriously
All product that uses paint or glue or whatever chemicals do harm in many ways including polluting the indoor air.
Besides, it is obvious that your baby will chew the rails of the crib. Fatal chemicals will definitely harm the baby.
But that’s not all…
There has to be a perfect distance between the slats of the crib. The maximum allowable distance in such case is 2 & ⅜ inches.
Anything more than that will definitely be hazardous for your baby. How? Hands or legs of your baby may be stuck in such spaces between the slats.
Actually, you should not worry about that. There are some government agencies out there who ensure safety from these Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs). Whenever you see a crib is GREENGUARD Gold Certified, rest assured, the crib has very low acceptable emissions of such VOCs into the indoor air.
All our recommended low cribs for short parents have non-toxic finishes and have to go through a multi-step painting process.
That’s the reason all our recommended cribs for short moms 2020 meet ASTM International and U.S. CPSC safety standards. Watch the video to learn how Babyletto ensures crib safety.
Removable legs or wheels
Having removable legs or wheels in the crib is an added advantage for short moms. Just remove those legs or wheels, the height of the crib will be almost lower by 4 to 5 inches. Just for your information, Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 convertible crib has removable legs!
Weight Of The Crib
You need to consider the weight of the lower profile cribs too. For easy vacuum cleaning or for whatever reasons, you may need to move the crib from time to time.
That time weight of the crib will be a ‘biggie’ for you. Having a very sturdy yet lightweight crib in such a situation is a blessing.
Among our recommended 3 cribs for short moms, Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 convertible crib has a weight of only 56.5 pounds for the white color.
Also, Babyletto Modo 3-in-1 convertible crib has a weight of only 54 pounds in multiple colors like white, espresso, and white mix colors, and Dream On Me 4 in 1 Aden Convertible Mini Crib has a weight of only 20 pounds!
Is The Toddler Rail Free?
As you know, when you convert the crib into a toddler bed, having a toddler rail is a must, right? And any quality toddler rail alone can cost you $70 to $80! So, how about a free toddler bed rail? Sounds great?
Yep, with Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 convertible crib and Babyletto Modo 3-in-1 convertible crib, you can get a toddler bed rail completely free to make it a complete toddler bed!
What If You Already Have A Crib?
You should not use a too old crib for your new baby. Over the passage of time, the distance between the slats get bigger, hence the crib becomes dangerous for your baby. Besides too old crib lost sturdiness.
But what if you already bought a crib recently that has a height of way more than 35 inches? You have two options available to you.
Either you can return it to the company if you can or you can use a stepper tool. Using a stepper tool is really a great crib solution for short moms.
Any stepper tool something like Tone Fitness Aerobic Stepper will give you 4 to 6 inches in height. That way, you can use your existing crib much more comfortably. You need to use the stepper stool carefully though.
There is a chance you may slip or fall from the stool if you can’t maintain your body balance properly. Alternatively, you can get a step stool for your toddler to easily get up to the toddler bed for reaching anywhere where she needs 3 to 4 inches height boost.
We believe we covered everything you need to know to select the best cribs for short moms in 2020. Moreover, we covered every vital information about our recommended cribs. We read hundreds of thousands of mom’s reviews about these cribs.
From that, we recommend the cribs of Babyletto. To be more specific, considering, height, quality, price, and parents’ recommendations, our recommended crib for short mom is Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib.
Also, you can find some great mini cribs with wheels here that will be suitable for your height. Also, if you think height is not an issue for you, then check our top recommended cribs.