If you need the best affordable crib mattress, you can’t settle for a cheap one. Quality requires cost, right? But that does not mean it has to be too expensive. The price range should be between $80 to $200. Sealy Baby, Moonlight Slumber, Simmons Kids, etc are famous for producing high-quality models at an affordable cost.
Use the following table of contents to go to the right section you are looking for.
Table of Contents
- Recommended Best Affordable Crib Mattress For Infant 2019
- 9 Top-Rated Affordable Crib Mattress For Infant Reviews
- My First Premium Memory Foam
- Sealy Soybean
- Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer
- Simmons Kids Beautyrest Ultra Deluxe 2 in 1
- Newton Wovenaire
- Sealy Baby Posturepedic
- Safety 1st Heavenly Dreams
- Colgate Eco Classica III Dual Firmness
- Show Love By Sharing:
- Like this:
- 9 Top-Rated Affordable Crib Mattress For Infant Reviews
Recommended Best Affordable Crib Mattress For Infant 2019
The following list has been made from parents’ recommendations considering the price and quality of it. Apart from these, if budget is not an issue, then go for Newton and if you have a low budget, go for Safety 1st.
|My First Mattress||Sealy||Moonlight Slumber|
9 Top-Rated Affordable Crib Mattress For Infant Reviews
Picking the right one will ensure the utmost safety and comfort for your baby, and will give you peace of mind. But the wrong one can bring the danger! So, I have reviewed only those that are proved to be safe and comfortable for the baby.
My First Premium Memory Foam
This is the highest-quality one that money can buy and as you’ve noticed this one is the 1st recommendation I made in the above table. From safety, comfort, longevity and price point of view, My First Premium Memory Foam is so far the best. It’s the view of countless parents as well.
To avoid the suffocation risk of your baby, it has firm memory foam construction. Even though it may feel stiff to you, your baby will get used to it. And for the comfort of your little one and easy cleaning, it also comes with a free plush removable & washable velour cover that is soft for your baby’s tender skin. It truly ensures a comfortable sleeping environment as well as supports your baby’s growing bones.
Because it’s memory foam, the mattress does not make any noise while the baby moves ensure non-interrupted sleeping. It’s a true hypoallergenic, trusted mite-proof and anti-microbial mattress for kids so far. It’s truly a great mattress for baby that money can buy.
Yes, it’s not a cheap one but affordable and with a free high-quality cover, it’s really cost effective. It has more than hundreds of parents’ positive reviews and lots of recommendations. I can confidently say it would a wise decision for you to have it for your little one. When the infant outgrows the crib, you can use it as a comfortable toddler mattress too. However, even if you have the best toddler bed, you should double check the size of both the mattress and the bed.
Pro Tips: First, carefully remove it from the plastic cover protection for decompression. To regain its full shape, you need to allow it at least 24 to 72 hours. Every memory foam has a mild residual scent just like a new car smell. It’s not harmful or unhealthy. Just leave it during the first couple of days to air it out.
Features & Pros Of My First Memory Foam
- Size & Weight: It has the perfect dimension of 51.6” X 27.2” with a thickness/height of 5”. It fits snugly any standard size crib meeting Federal Standards. It itself weighs 11.9 pounds which is perfect.
- Safety Reviews: It is CertiPUR-US® certified meeting all Federal standards including ASTM International safety standards. It is Lead & Phthalates safe.
- A lot of parents recommended it as the top-quality foam mattress for baby.
Cons Of My First Premium Memory Foam:
- There were some incidents of not expanding at the full shape.
- Some parents did not like the odor at all.
Let’s start with a cool fact. Sealy Baby was voted most parents recommended in the USA by the prestigious Women’s Choice Award. It was 4 years in a row during 2013-2016. Isn’t that enough to call it as a quality one in America?
A lot of parents already declared it as the safest infant mattress for infant and toddlers. It’s made of Soybean which is proven to be extra firm and durable for so many years to come.
And the best part…?
It’s made in America and by Americans! But what makes it so popular in the USA?
The perfect combination of high-quality materials from nature and the latest comfort technologies! It uses renewable soybeans grown in the USA by American farmers resulting in less use of crude oil. The soybeans ensure extra durability over traditional foam counterparts.
Worried about extra firmness? Maybe your baby will be uncomfortable?
No! It has added cushioning to provide a comfortable sleep environment for the infant and toddler. The price is also reasonable and affordable. Watch the unboxing video of it.
Features & Pros Of Sealy Soybean
- Size: It fits snugly all standard size crib from any brand like DaVinci, Babyletto, Stork Craft, Delta Children, etc with the dimension of 52” X 28”. With its square corner, it fits snugly. Also, it has the thickness/height of perfect 5” to ensure comfort and safety.
- Safety Reviews: It’s GREENGUARD Gold Certified for emitting lower chemicals and ensuring better indoor air flow. For better durability and extra firmness, it is CertiPUR-US® certified too. Also, it meets ASTM International safety standards. In fact, it is over 100 tested for safety, durability, comfort etc. Totally free of mercury, formaldehyde, phthalates, and leads.
- Waterproof: Diaper licks are common. So, it comes with reinforced embossed waterproof and stain resistant cover. That will make sure to keep the allergens out. You don’t need to buy extra pad cover, but a lot of parents also bought an extra pad cover just to make cleaning easy and extra waterproof.
- Weight: Perfect for newborn to 60 pounds which make it one of the safest mattresses for baby to be used for a very long time.
- No sagging problem reported.
- So many repeated buyers.
- When your little one outgrows the crib, you can use it without any trouble for the toddler.
Cons Of Sealy Soybean
- To some, it looked like a cheap model.
- Some also did not like the sound it makes while the baby moves.
Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer
You need a firm one for the infant but want to ensure comfy bedding for the toddler on the other hand. Well, to solve this little dilemma, this Little Dreamer should be your ultimate choice. Because it works as the safest and most comfortable infant mattress as well as a great toddler mattress too when the time comes.
With its really high average parents reviews, it’s pretty safe to say that there is nothing to complain about it except the fact that its little bit pricey 🙁 But to be frank, if you want to spend a little more and you want to have the right one for your little one, it can be a wise decision to buy it.
It’s made in the USA by the American company. It has been rigorously tested for improved safety, durability, quality, and performance. It is made of medical grade double stretch foam. It is 100% waterproof, hypoallergenic, and very easy to clean.
Though it’s waterproof, then again you gonna need a waterproof cover for easy cleaning. Now pay close attention here. For this one, don’t buy the Naturepedic waterproof fitted crib pad. It won’t fit snugly.
Instead, try to get the American Baby Company Organic Pad or Carter’s Keep Me Dry Fitted crib pad. Both of them will fit snugly with this one.
Just a piece of good advice. Due to its high popularity, in the past, some vendors started selling the fake one. But now, it’s not possible on Amazon and makes you are buying it from the vendor Quiverr on Amazon to make sure it’s genuine.
Features & Pros of Little Dreamer
- Size: The dimension is 52 inches X 27.5 inches. That’s the ideal dimension to a snug fit with any standard size crib like Babyletto Hudson or Modo and so on. Many parents verified that it fits DaVinci standard size cribs perfectly. Also, it has the thickness/height of 5”.
- Safety Reviews: It is CertiPUR-US® certified. It also meets or exceeds ASTM International safety standards. It’s free of flame retardant chemicals, PVC, lead and phthalates, vinyl and other toxic elements.
- Weight: It itself weighs only 10.6 pounds which make it really easy to clean whenever needed.
- Long time usage. The first use for the infant then for the toddler.
- Lots of parents recommendations for their friends and families. Lots of them bought if even for subsequent babies.
- No rips, tears or sagging issues even after a lot of years.
- No bad smell or disturbing noises reported.
Cons of Little Dreamer:
- It’s pricey!
Simmons Kids Beautyrest Ultra Deluxe 2 in 1
For those who prefer innerspring crib mattress, this one is for you. Also, it 2 different surfaces, use the firm side for the infant and the soft side for the toddler.
Also, if you consider the price of it, Beautyrest is truly another great one among innerspring types. For over a century, Beautyrest has been one of the most prominent pioneers with the latest technologies.
Now, it has some really bad reviews. I have read all of these bad reviews and you are welcome to read these too. What you will find that most of these negative reviews are due to its poor seams. But still, you should buy it if you prefer innerspring ones because Simmons Kids will replace it if anything bad happens (which is significantly low).
It is made in the USA by the Americans. For quality, safety and durability, it meets all Federal standards. For the firmness and even support of your little one, It features 231 luxury pocketed coil springs.
As it’s an innerspring mattress, so it’s heavy in comparison with foam counterparts and once you touch it, you will understand it’s not a cheap one. Many parents reviewed that it is of such high quality that many high-quality brands like Pottery Barns sell such stuff at price of 50% more.
A lot of parents also verified that fact that even after several years & lots of jumping and pees it looks and performs just fine as new. And above all, the company have the most pleasant customer service on the planet for your any need. You can be 100% sure that they will respond to your any query regarding any problem and make sure your problem is solved.
Features & Pros Of Beautyrest Ultra Deluxe 2 in 1
- Dimension: For the snug fit, it has the dimension of 52” X 27.5”. That’s the ideal dimension size for any standard size convertible crib. It has the thickness/height of 6” to ensure ultimate comfort for your baby. The square corners of it ensure the snug fit to any crib.
- Safety Reviews: It’s GREENGUARD Gold Certified as it ensures a healthy indoor environment by emitting lower VOCs. For durability and firmness, it is also CertiPUR-US certified. The CertiPUR-US ensures that it is made without lead & phthalates, mercury, formaldehyde, PBDE fire retardants and certainly other harmful materials. So, you can be 100% sure that your little one is sleeping in the safest environment on earth having the best crib mattress.
- Weight: As mentioned earlier, an innerspring one is twice heavy than their foam counterparts. The Beautyrest has a weight of 25.4 pounds. For easy cleaning, you should buy a separate protector.
Cons Of Beautyrest Ultra Deluxe 2 in 1
- Previously it had weak seam problem, but now in 2019 nobody reported any of such issue.
- Some parents also reported sagging problems. Don’t be alarmed, if that happens you, just contact them and they will send you a new one.
Bad(!) thing first. If you don’t have a $300+ budget for it alone, this is not for you. But you are welcome to read (also watch the video testimonial) about this one. It’s proven to be the breathable, washable, organic and also it’s the only breathable crib mattress reviews I am gonna cover.
Now, any organic one is pricey. But as a parent and if budget is not a ‘biggie’ for you, this is the right one you can buy to ensure the safest, cleanest, most comfortable sleeping environment for your baby.
So how is this breathable?
Your little one can breathe directly through it reducing the risk of suffocation and overheating. In terms of air circulation and breathability, organic ones are second to none. Lots of parents have verified that you can put your face right on it and breathe without any problem. Hence, it can reduce the chance of SIDS significantly. This is why it’s not only a top-quality, it is the safest one for the baby too.
Now, let me tell an interesting fact.
The core of it is made of 90% free air and 10% food grade polymer. And it is all wrapped up in a cloudy shaped 3D cover which is also breathable itself. The cover and surface of the foam are firm yet comfortable enough to sleep.
You can directly register it with Newton for limited lifetime warranty too. The price is high but definitely, this is the safest organic baby mattress you can give to your baby for ultimate safety and comfort. Watch the video testimonial on it.
Features & Pros of Newton Wovenaire
- Size & Weight: The dimension is 58” X 28” to fit snugly all standard size crib meeting U.S. standards from any brand like Ikea, DaVinci, Babyletto, Storkcraft, Graco & so on. For ultimate comfort, it has a thickness of 5.5”. The weight of it is only 11 pounds which make it very easy for cleaning.
- Safety Reviews: It meets all the Federal standards including ASTM International safety standards for firmness. It’s GREENGUARD Gold Certified and 100% recyclable. It does not contain any foam, latex, springs, glue or allergens or off-gassing.
- Great customer service! If for any misfortune you face any problem like sagging or smell, contact them and they will replace it or even refund without any fuss.
- Many parents have verified that it is well firm yet comfortable for the baby.
Cons of Newton Wovenaire
- Some parents said, they faced prolonged bad smell.
- Few did not like the idea of polyester.
Sealy Baby Posturepedic
You already know about Sealy, right? But with Posturepedic model, they’ve taken it to the next level. To develop the Posturepedic coil technology, they made an Orthopedic Advisory Board comprised of doctors, clinicians, and orthopedic surgeons. But hey…do parents loved it? Yes, a lot of them!
So what actually Posturepedic coil technology is?
Well to simply put, the Posturepedic coil sensors sense the movement of your little one & responds with increased posture support to provide a comfortable sleeping experience. In fact, it’s a high coil count mattress with 220 adult grade sensor coils.
To maximize the firmness of side, corner, and edge, it has heavy gauge steel border rods all the around. But that does not make it hard like the rock. There are 4 comfort layers in it to provide cushioned, cozy support.
But that’s not all…
The vertical steel bars ensure that the weight of your baby is distributed evenly over the entire surface of it. This is the exclusive anti-sag weight distribution system solely introduced on the Posturepedic model. It also comes with a hospital grade cover that is very easy to clean and helps to prevent harmful germs.
To wrap it up, just like numerous parents, this one can also serve your purpose pretty well for a very long time.
Features & pros Of Sealy Baby
- Dimension: It fits all U.S. standard size cribs and toddler beds with its dimension of 51.63” X 27.25”. The thickness is 5.75 inches. Recommended weight is from newborn to 60 pounds.
- Safety Reviews: Just like any other Sealy Baby mattress, it is also GREENGUARD Gold Certified for emitting low VOCs ensuring better indoor air flow. It is thoroughly tested and made without lead, phthalates, flame retardants, etc to meet stringent United States safety standards and standards of ASTM International.
- Super Cleaning: It has the Sealy’s exclusive Staph-Gard antibacterial cover that prevents spreading bacteria and germs all over the surface of it. Also, there is an exclusive airflow pocket at the bottom of it to airflow inside it without creating any safety concerns.
Cons Of Sealy Baby
- Few reported sagging issue after few years.
- Damage on springs also reported by some parents.
Safety 1st Heavenly Dreams
This is an all-time favorite for parents with a low budget because it’s a cheap one. If you too have a budget of way below $100, then to you Safety 1st Heavenly Dreams should be the top-rated crib mattress. It’s cheap but it meets all the safety standards.
It’s not made in the U.S.A rather it’s an imported mattress. Maybe that’s the reason it’s so cheap and more than thousands of parents already bought it for their little one. In fact, it has the highest number of parents’ reviews on Amazon.
It’s a foam based option for baby crib weighs only 7.5 pounds. Now, that’s good news and bad news as well. The good news is you can easily clean it and flip it. But as a rule of thumb, a lightweight one also indicates the quality of materials used is not that high.
Due to its high-density thermal bonded core foam, the surface of it is firm enough to avoid any suffocation risk. Don’t be alarmed. The surface is not rock solid hard. Besides, it comes with a free vinyl cover which is waterproof and easy to wipe clean. Hence, to many lower budget parents, Safety 1st Heavenly Dreams is the right one.
Features & Pros of Safety 1st Heavenly Dreams
- Dimension: The dimension of it is 52.5” X 27.5” and it is perfect to the snug fit any standard size crib. It has a thickness of 5.5 inches.
- Safety Reviews: Safety 1st meets federal flammability standard 16 CFR 1633. It is also GREENGUARD Gold Certified without using any harmful chemicals like lead and phthalates.
- Most selling and reviewed model on the most online store. To many parents, it is perfect for kids due to its unbeatable price.
- Long lasting use.
Cons of Safety 1st Heavenly Dreams
- Few parents reported that it deteriorated only after a few months.
- Some found chemical like smell.
- Incidents of indentation from sleeping.
Thousands of happy parents love this one. It’s a perfect solution to uncomfortable spring mattress and so cheap synthetic blends. They claimed to create a womb environment for the baby with this one. To create the perfect blend of comfort and safety of your baby and toddler, it perfectly uses the unique quality of foam.
Being a cheap one doesn’t make it less comfortable or any less safe for your little one. It’s a verified fact by lots of parents. It is certified to be safe and chemical free. All of Millard models are soft, but this one is still firm enough to avoid SID.
It has a density of 28D, so it is safe for your baby as well as the toddler of any age. It has been gone through the countless number of testing and evaluation to make it one of the safest mattresses for infant and toddler. It perfectly aligns with the curves of your baby’s body to make it easier relieving aches, muscle pain, and stress.
It comes in a small box vacuum sealed and rolled up. So after unrolling it, lay it full completely for up to 48 hours to fully decompose. Definitely there gonna be some fresh foam smell. It that bothers you much, just keep it open in a well-ventilated area for 1 to 3 days totally to air it out.
Features & Pros of Milliard
- CertiPUR-USⓇ Certified.
- Fits all standard size crib and toddler bed. The dimension is 55 X 27.5 X 5.5 inches with a weight of only 10.6 pounds. The square corners of it fit your crib snugly.
- Waterproof on top and sides. The bottom of it has a pretty neat mechanism to allow air and heat to ventilate.
- The most advanced technology used to increase air circulation and weight distribution.
- Fits any standard size fitted crib sheet.
- It is constructed with high-quality foam and a removable waterproof cover. How is that waterproof? On the underside of the cover, there is a TPU plastic coating to make it waterproof.
- Absolutely no noise from baby’s movement.
Colgate Eco Classica III Dual Firmness
It’s not a cheap one like the Milliard one previously reviewed. It’s time to talk about a moderately priced one for the infant and toddler handcrafted in the U.S.A. Within a really short period of time, Colgate Eco Classica III is being popular rapidly.
It’s a perfect dual firmness model that fits any standard size crib snugly. Parents like it because it has no smell nor any plastic is used. You gonna love the lightweight crib just like so many parents. The cool part is its dual firmness. Use the firm side for the infant and the soft one for the toddler.
It comes with an organic cotton cover for the delicately soft skin of your little one. It’s another great one which is orthopedic in style with 6 inches thickness for maximum comfort. You may hard in other reviews that the infant side is like sleeping on a hardboard. IT’S NOT TRUE! It’s firm yet comfortable enough for the infant.
Your baby is perfectly safe with this one. It’s a CertiPUR-US certified model just like any other foam ones should be. Moreover, it’s a GREENGUARD Children and School Certified. It passes all the stringent safety standards of indoor air quality and more than 10,000 volatile organic compounds. Watch the video to learn more about it.
Features & More Pros Of Colgate Eco Classica III
- The dimension is 51.7 X 27.5 X 6 inches with a weight of only 9.4 pounds. For the crib sheet change, its lightweight feature will be a blessing for you.
- Made from eco foam infused with plant oils (non-food).
- Doesn’t make any noise and it’s a verified fact by parents.
- No sagging at all even after several years of usage.
- Only the cotton cover is made from urethane NOT the mattress.
- You can’t change the cotton cover to wash or change it. So, you are welcome to use any waterproof cover.
- Square corners make it easier to fit snugly to any standard size crib.
Cons Of Colgate Eco Classica III
- Some parents did not like the idea of extra firm infant side. Also, some did not like the urethane used in the cotton cover.
- Some parents complained that the encasement is not completely waterproof. The bottom of it is not waterproof as well.
Consider these facts to get the Best Affordable Crib Mattress For Infant
Keep in mind these following brief but vital facts and tips if you want to have the right one.
- Size: Even though the size of the crib and mattress is regulated by the Federal government, not all of them will fit snugly to every crib. That’s the fact. The minimum dimension of any standard size one is 27.25 inches X 51.25 inches. Most of the standard size crib DaVinci Kalani 4 in 1 convertible crib or Babyletto Hudson 3 in 1 convertible crib recommends such crib dimension.
- Thickness: Federal regulation allows maximum thickness/height to be 6 inches. Anything between 3” to 5” is just perfect.
- Snug Fit: Ideally, it should fit snugly. It’s pretty important for the safety of your baby. There should not be more than 1.25 inches gap between the edge of it and corners of the crib.
- Firmness: Rule of thumb: Soft one for adults, firm one for infants and toddlers. It has to be extra firm for your little one. Most parents make the mistake of getting soft one thinking that would ensure comforts for the baby. It’s not just wrong but dangerous too. To avoid suffocation hazard, always get a firm one. Your little one will get used to such a firm one.
- Dual Firmness: Extra firm on one side of it and relatively soft on another side. If you become paranoid about the firmness, consider having such one.
- Foam vs Innerspring: Most parents love to have innerspring model since they are used to it. But for the kids, it doesn’t really matter. In terms of quality and benefits, there are literally no big differences. In fact, having a foam mattress is a good idea as they are lightweight. A lightweight model is easy to clean.
- Safety Certificate: Every one of them must conform to the 16 CFR 1632 & 1633 Federal Flammability Standards. The good news is every one of them meets those standards. If you decide to buy one, make sure it is CertiPUR-US® certified. Also, if it is GREENGUARD Gold Certified, it’s also safe for the indoor environment.
Last Words On Affordable Crib Mattress For Infant Reviews 2019
Having the right one for the crib is the most time and money consuming issue right after having the crib. If you get confused selecting the best crib mattress, just go for the My First Premium Foam one. It has a fair price and lots of parents high appreciation. But whatever model you choose, make sure it fits your crib and the surface of it is firm yet comfortable.