If you need the best crib mattress, you can’t settle for a cheap one. Quality requires cost, right? But that does not mean it has to be too expensive. The price range of a quality crib mattress for infant crib should be between $80 to $200. Sealy Baby, Moonlight Slumber, Simmons Kids etc are famous for producing best baby mattress at an affordable cost.
Use the following table of contents to go to the right section you are looking for.
Table of Contents
- Recommended Best Baby Mattress 2019
- 9 Best Crib Mattress Reviews
- My First Premium Memory Foam Crib Mattress
- Sealy Soybean Foam-Core Infant/Toddler Mattress
- Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer Dual Sleep Surface Mattress
- Simmons Kids Beautyrest Ultra Deluxe 2 in 1 Crib Mattress
- Newton Wovenaire Breathable and Washable Mattress
- Sealy Baby Posturepedic Infant/Toddler Infant Mattress
- Safety 1st Heavenly Dreams [ Cheap Crib Mattress]
- Milliard Crib and Toddler Bed Mattress
- Colgate Eco Classica III Dual Firmness Eco-Friendlier Infant mattress
- 9 Best Crib Mattress Reviews
Recommended Best Baby Mattress 2019
The following list has been made from parents’ recommendations considering price and quality of the mattress. Apart from these baby bed mattresses, if budget is not an issue, then go for Newton and if you have a low budget, go for Safety 1st mattress.
|My First Mattress||Sealy||Moonlight Slumber|
9 Best Crib Mattress Reviews
Picking the right one will ensure the utmost safety and comfort for your baby, and will give you a peace of mind. But the wrong one can bring the danger! So, I have reviewed only those that are proved to be safe and comfortable for the baby.
My First Premium Memory Foam Crib Mattress
This is the best baby mattress that money can buy and as you’ve noticed this one is the 1st recommendation I made in the above table. From safety, comfort, longevity and price point of view, My First Premium Memory Foam is the best baby mattress 2019 so far. It’s the view of countless parents as well.
To avoid the suffocation risk of your baby, the mattress has firm memory foam construction. Even though it may feel stiff to you, your baby will get used to it. And for the comfort of your little one and easy cleaning, the mattress also comes with a free plush removable & washable velour cover that is soft for your baby’s tender skin. It truly ensures comfortable sleeping environment as well as supports your baby’s growing bones.
Because it’s a memory foam mattress for crib, the mattress does not make any noise while the baby moves ensure non-interrupted sleeping. It’s a true hypoallergenic, trusted mite-proof and anti-microbial best mattress for kids so far. It’s truly a great mattress for baby that money can buy.
Yes, it’s not a cheap crib mattress but affordable and with a free high-quality mattress cover, it’s really cost effective. It has more than hundreds of parents’ positive reviews and lots of recommendations. I can confidently say it would a wise decision for you to have it for your little one. When the infant outgrows the crib, you can use it as the best toddler mattress too. However, even if you have the best toddler bed, you should double check the size of both the mattress and the bed.
Pro Tips: First, carefully remove the crib mattress from the plastic cover protection for decompression. To regain its full shape, you need to allow the mattress at least 24 to 72 hours. Every memory foam has a mild residual scent just like a new car smell. It’s not harmful or unhealthy. Just leave the mattress during the first couple of days to air it out.
Also, if you need any help or any furthermore information, reach the Kittrich Corporation(manufacturer of the crib mattress) QC at 714-736-1047 or 425-576-9941.
Features & Pros Of My First Memory Foam Mattress
- Size & Weight: It has the perfect dimension of 51.6” X 27.2” with a thickness/height of 5”. It fits snugly any standard size crib meeting Federal Standards. The mattress itself weighs 11.9 pounds which is perfect for any foam mattress.
- Safety Reviews: It’s a CertiPUR-US® foam baby bed mattress meeting all Federal standards including ASTM International safety standards. The mattress is Lead & Phthalates safe.
- A lot of parents recommended it as the best foam mattress for baby.
Cons Of My First Premium Memory Foam crib Mattress
In all of the following cases, the company replaced any faulty mattress.
- There were some incidents of not expanding at the full shape.
- Some parents did not like the odor at all.
Sealy Soybean Foam-Core Infant/Toddler Mattress
Let’s start with a cool fact. Sealy Baby mattress and beddings were voted most parents recommended in the USA by the prestigious Women’s Choice Award. It was 4 years in a row during 2013-2016. Isn’t that enough to call it one of the best quality crib mattresses in America? A lot of parents already declared it as the best infant mattress for infant and toddlers. It’s made of Soybean which is proven to be extra firm and durable for so many years to come.
And the best part…?
It’s made in America and by Americans! But what makes it so popular in the USA?
The perfect combination of high-quality materials from nature and latest comfort technologies! It uses renewable soybeans grown in the USA by American farmers resulting in less use of crude oil. The soybeans ensure extra durability over traditional foam mattress.
Worried about extra firmness? Maybe your baby will be uncomfortable?
No! It has added cushioning to provide comfortable sleep environment for the infant and toddler. The price is also reasonable and affordable. Watch the unboxing video of it.
Features & Pros Of Sealy Soybean
- Size: It fits snugly all standard size crib from any brand like DaVinci, Babyletto, Stork Craft, Delta Children etc with the dimension of 52” X 28”. With its square corner, the crib mattress fits snugly. Also, it has the thickness/height of perfect 5” to ensure comfort and safety.
- Safety Reviews: It’s GREENGUARD Gold Certified for emitting lower chemicals and ensuring better indoor air flow. For better durability and extra firmness, it is CertiPUR-US® certified too. Also, it meets ASTM International safety standards. In fact, it is over 100 tested for safety, durability, comfort etc. Totally free of mercury, formaldehyde, phthalates, and leads.
- Waterproof: Diaper licks are common. So, it comes with reinforced embossed waterproof and stain resistant cover. That will make sure to keep the allergens out. You don’t need to buy extra mattress pad cover, but a lot of parents also bought extra crib mattress pad cover just to make cleaning easy and extra waterproof.
- Weight: Perfect for newborn to 60 pounds which make it one of the best mattress for baby to be used for a very long time.
- No sagging problem reported.
- So many repeated buyers.
- When your little one outgrows the crib, you can use the crib mattress without any trouble for the toddler.
Cons Of Sealy Soybean
- To some, it looked like a cheap infant mattress.
- Some also did not like the sound it makes while the baby moves.
Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer Dual Sleep Surface Mattress
You need a firm crib mattress for the infant but want to ensure a comfy bedding for the toddler on the other hand. Well, to solve this little dilemma, this Little Dreamer Dual Sleep Surface baby bed mattress should be your best baby bed mattress. Because it works as the best infant mattress as well as best toddler mattress too when the time comes.
With its really high average parents reviews, it’s pretty safe to say that there is nothing to complain about it except the fact that it’s little bit pricey 🙁 But to be frank, if you want to spend a little more and you want to have the best baby mattress for your little one, it can be a wise decision to buy it.
It’s made in the USA by the American company. It has been rigorously tested for improved safety, durability, quality, and performance. The mattress is made of medical grade double stretch foam. It is 100% waterproof, hypoallergenic, and very easy to clean.
Though it’s waterproof, then again you gonna need a waterproof crib mattress cover for easy cleaning. Now pay close attention here. For this crib mattress, don’t buy the Naturepedic waterproof fitted crib pad. It won’t fit snugly.
Instead, try to get American Baby Company Organic Pad or Carter’s Keep Me Dry Fitted crib pad. Both of them will fit snugly with the Little Dreamer crib mattress.
Just a piece of good advice. Due to its high popularity, in the past, some vendors started selling the fake one. But now, it’s not possible on Amazon and makes you are buying it from the vendor Quiverr on Amazon to make sure it’s genuine.
Features & Pros of Little Dreamer crib Mattress
- Size: The dimension of the mattress is 52 inches X 27.5 inches. That’s the ideal dimension to snug fit with any standard size crib like Babyletto Hudson or Modo and so on. Many parents verified that the cirb mattress fits DaVinci standard size cribs perfectly. Also, it has the thickness/height of 5”.
- Safety Reviews: The crib mattress is CertiPUR-US® certified. It also meets or exceeds ASTM International safety standards. It’s free of flame retardant chemicals, PVC, lead and phthalates, vinyl and other toxic elements.
- Weight: The mattress itself weighs only 10.6 pounds which make it really easy to clean whenever needed.
- Long time usage. The first use for the infant then for the toddler.
- Lots of parents recommendations for their friends and families. Lots of them bought if even for subsequent babies.
- No rips, tears or sagging issues even after a lot of years.
- No bad smell or disturbing noises reported.
Cons of Little Dreamer Dual Sleep Surface Mattress
- It’s pricey!
Simmons Kids Beautyrest Ultra Deluxe 2 in 1 Crib Mattress
For those who prefer innerspring crib mattress, this one is for you. Also, it 2 different surfaces, use the firm side for the infant and the soft side for the toddler.
Also, if you consider the price of it, Beautyrest is truly the best crib innerspring mattress among innerspring type mattress. For over a century, Beautyrest has been one of the best leading crib mattress industry with latest technologies.
Now, it has some really bad reviews. I have read all of these bad reviews and you are welcome to read these too. What you will find that most of these negative reviews are due to its poor seams. But still, you should buy it if you prefer innerspring crib mattress because Simmons Kids will replace the mattress if anything bad happens (which is significantly low).
The mattress is made in the USA by the Americans. For quality, safety and durability, it meets all Federal standards. For the firmness and even support of your little one, this mattress features 231 luxury pocketed coil springs.
As it’s an innerspring mattress, so it’s heavy in comparison with foam mattress and once you touch it, you will understand it’s not a cheap crib mattress. Many parents reviewed that the mattress is of such high quality that many high-quality brands like Pottery Barns sell such mattress at price of 50% more.
A lot of parents also verified that fact that, even after several years & lots of jumping and pees the mattress looks and performs just fine as new. And above all, the company have the best customer service on the planet for your any need. You can be 100% sure that they will respond to your any query regarding any problem and make sure your problem is solved.
Features & Pros Of Beautyrest Ultra Deluxe 2 in 1 Mattress
- Dimension: For the snug fit, it has the dimension of 52” X 27.5”. That’s the ideal crib mattress dimension size for any standard size convertible crib. It has the thickness/height of 6” to ensure ultimate comfort for your baby. The square corners of the mattress ensure the snug fit to any crib.
- Safety Reviews: It’s a GREENGUARD Gold Certified crib mattress as it ensures healthy indoor environment by emitting lower VOCs. For durability and firmness, it is also CertiPUR-US certified. The CertiPUR-US ensures the mattress is made without lead & phthalates, mercury, formaldehyde, PBDE fire retardants and certainly other harmful materials. So, you can be 100% sure that your little one is sleeping in the safest environment on earth having the best crib mattress.
- Weight: As mentioned earlier, an innerspring crib mattress is twice heavy than their foam counterparts. The Beautyrest has the weight of 25.4 pounds. For easy cleaning, you should buy a separate crib mattress protector.
Cons Of Beautyrest Ultra Deluxe 2 in 1 Mattress
- Previously it had weak seam problem, but now in 2019 nobody reported any of such issue.
- Some parents also reported sagging problems. Don’t be alarmed, if that happens you, just contact them and they will send you a new one.
Newton Wovenaire Breathable and Washable Mattress
Bad(!) thing first. If you don’t have a $300+ budget for the mattress alone, this is not for you. But you are welcome to read (also watch the video testimonial) about the best eco crib mattress in the category of the organic mattress. It’s proven to be the breathable, washable, and organic mattress and also it’s the only breathable crib mattress reviews I am gonna cover.
Now, any organic crib mattress is pricey in comparison with foam or innerspring crib mattress. But as a parent and if budget is not a ‘biggie’ for you, this is the best baby mattress you can buy to ensure the safest, cleanest, most comfortable sleeping environment for your baby.
So how is this breathable?
Your little one can breathe directly through the crib mattress reducing the risk of suffocation and overheating. In terms of air circulation and breathability, organic mattresses are second to none. Lots of parents have verified that you can put your face right on the mattress and breathe without any problem. Hence, the mattress can reduce the chance of SIDS significantly. This is why it’s not only the best organic crib mattress, it is the safest & best breathable mattress for the baby too.
Now, let me tell an interesting fact.
The core of the mattress is made of 90% free air and 10% food grade polymer. And the mattress is all wrapped up in a cloudy shaped 3D cover which is also breathable itself. The cover and surface of the foam are firm yet comfortable enough to sleep.
You can directly register the mattress with Newton for limited lifetime warranty too. The price is high but definitely, this is the best organic baby mattress you can give to your baby for ultimate safety and comfort. Watch the video testimonial on the mattress.
Features & Pros of Newton Wovenaire Mattress
- Size & Weight: The dimension of the organic mattress is 58” X 28” to fit snugly all standard size crib meeting U.S. standards from any brand like Ikea, DaVinci, Babyletto, Storkcraft, Graco & so on. For ultimate comfort, it has the thickness of 5.5”. The weight of the crib mattress is only 11 pounds which make it very easy for cleaning.
- Safety Reviews: It meets all the Federal standards including ASTM International safety standards for firmness. It’s GREENGUARD Gold Certified and 100% recyclable. It does not contain any foam, latex, springs, glue or allergens or off-gassing.
- Great customer service! If for any misfortune you face any problem like sagging or smell, contact them and they will replace your mattress or even refund without any fuss.
- Many parents have verified that the crib mattress is well firm yet comfortable for the baby.
Cons of Newton Wovenaire Crib & Toddler Mattress
- Some parents said, they faced prolonged bad smell.
- Few did not like the idea of polyester.
Sealy Baby Posturepedic Infant/Toddler Infant Mattress
You already know about Sealy and their mattress, right? But with Posturepedic crib/toddler mattress, they’ve taken it to the next level. To develop the Posturepedic coil technology, they made an Orthopedic Advisory Board comprised of doctors, clinicians, and orthopedic surgeons. But hey…do parents loved it? Yes, a lot of them! Definitely, it’s one of the best baby mattresses 2019 should have your attention.
So what actually Posturepedic coil technology is?
Well to simply put, the Posturepedic coil sensors sense the movement of your little one & responds with increased posture support to provide the best sleeping experience. In fact, it’s a high coil count mattress with 220 adult grade sensor coils.
To maximize the firmness of side, corner, and edge, it has heavy gauge steel border rods all the around. But that does not make the mattress hard like the rock. There are 4 comfort layers in the mattress to provide cushioned, cozy mattress support.
But that’s not all…
The vertical steel bars ensure that the weight of your baby is distributed evenly over the entire surface of the mattress. This is the exclusive anti-sag weight distribution system solely introduced on the Posturepedic mattress. The mattress also comes with a hospital grade cover that is very easy to clean and helps to prevent harmful germs.
To wrap it up, just like numerous parents, this one can also serve your purpose pretty well for a very long time.
Features & pros Of Sealy Baby Posturepedic Mattress
- Dimension: It fits all U.S. standard size cribs and toddler beds with its dimension of 51.63” X 27.25”. The thickness of the crib mattress is 5.75 inches. Recommended weight is from newborn to 60 pounds.
- Safety Reviews: Just like any other Sealy Baby mattress, Posturepedic crib and toddler mattress is also GREENGUARD Gold Certified for emitting low VOCs ensuring better indoor air flow. It is thoroughly tested and made without lead, phthalates, flame retardants etc to meet stringent United States safety standards and standards of ASTM International.
- Super Cleaning: It has the Sealy’s exclusive Staph-Gard antibacterial crib mattress cover that prevents spreading bacteria and germs all over the surface of the mattress. Also, there is an exclusive airflow pocket at the bottom of the crib mattress to airflow inside the mattress without creating any safety concerns.
Cons Of Sealy Baby Posturepedic Crib Mattress
- Few reported sagging issue after few years.
- Damage on springs also reported by some parents.
Safety 1st Heavenly Dreams [ Cheap Crib Mattress]
This is an all-time favorite for parents with a low budget because it’s a cheap cot mattress. If you too have a budget of way below $100, then to you Safety 1st Heavenly Dreams should be the best crib mattress. It’s cheap but it meets all the safety standards applicable for a baby bed mattress.
It’s not made in the U.S.A rather it’s an imported mattress. Maybe that’s the reason it’s so cheap and more than thousands of parents already bought it for their little one. In fact, it has the highest number of parents’ reviews on Amazon.
It’s a foam based best mattress for baby crib weighs only 7.5 pounds. Now, that’s a good news and bad news as well. The good news is you can easily clean it and flip it. But as a rule of thumb, a lightweight foam mattress also indicates the quality of materials used is not that high.
Due to its high-density thermal bonded core foam, the surface of the mattress is firm enough to avoid any suffocation risk. Don’t be alarmed. The surface is not rock solid hard. Besides, the mattress comes with a free vinyl cover which is waterproof and easy to wipe clean. Hence, to many lower budget parents, Safety 1st Heavenly Dreams is the best baby bed mattress.
Features & Pros of Safety 1st Heavenly Dreams Mattress
- Dimension: The dimension of the mattress is 52.5” X 27.5” and it is perfect to the snug fit any standard size baby bed mattress. It has the thickness of 5.5 inches.
- Safety Reviews: Safety 1st meets federal flammability standard 16 CFR 1633. It is also GREENGUARD Gold Certified cot mattress without using any harmful chemicals like lead and phthalates.
- Most selling and reviewed baby bed mattress on the most online store. To many parents, it is the best mattress for kids due to its unbeatable price.
- Long lasting use.
Cons of Safety 1st Heavenly Dreams Mattress
- Few parents reported that the mattress deteriorated only after few months.
- Some found chemical like smell.
- Incidents of indentation from sleeping.
Milliard Crib and Toddler Bed Mattress
Thousands of happy parents love this cheap infant mattress. It’s a perfect solution to uncomfortable spring mattress and so cheap synthetic blends. They claimed to create the womb environment for the baby with this mattress. To create the perfect blend of comfort and safety of your baby and toddler, Milliard crib mattress perfectly uses unique quality of foam.
Being a cheap baby mattress doesn’t make it less comfortable or any less safe for your little one. It’s a verified fact by lots parents. It is certified to be safe and chemical free. Milliard mattresses are soft, but this one is still firm enough to avoid SID.
The mattress has a density of 28D, so the medium soft mattress is safe for your baby as well as the toddler of any age. It has been gone through the countless number of testing and evaluation to make it one of the safest mattress for infant and toddler. It perfectly aligns with the curves of your baby’s body to make it easier relieving aches, muscle pain, and stress.
The mattress comes in a small box vacuum sealed and rolled up. So after unrolling it, lay it full completely for up to 48 hours to fully decompose. Definitely there gonna be some fresh foam smell. It that bothers you much, just keep it open in a well-ventilated area for 1 to 3 days totally to air it out.
Features & Pros of Milliard Crib & Toddler Mattress
- CertiPUR-USⓇ Certified.
- Fits all standard size crib and toddler bed. The dimension of the mattress is 55 X 27.5 X 5.5 inches with a weight of only 10.6 pounds. The square corners of the mattress fit your crib snugly.
- Waterproof on top and sides of the mattress. The bottom of the mattress has a pretty neat mechanism to allow air and heat to ventilate.
- The most advanced technology used to increase air circulation and weight distribution.
- Fits any standard size fitted crib sheet.
- The mattress is constructed with high-quality foam and a removable waterproof cover. How is that waterproof? On the underside of the cover, there is a TPU plastic coating to make it waterproof.
- Absolutely no noise from baby’s movement.
Cons of Milliard Crib & Toddler Mattress
Just like always in all the crib mattress reviews above, I need to talk some cons as well about it.
Colgate Eco Classica III Dual Firmness Eco-Friendlier Infant mattress
It’s not a cheap baby mattress like the Milliard one previously reviewed. So, to give a complete look at your baby mattress reviews, it’s time to talk about a moderately priced mattress for the infant and toddler handcrafted in the U.S.A. Within a really short period of time, Colgate Eco Classica III is being popular rapidly.
It’s a perfect dual firmness mattress that fits any standard size cot mattress in the ca snugly. Parents like it because it has no smell nor any plastic is used. You gonna love the lightweight crib just like so many parents. The cool part is its dual firmness. Use the firm side for the infant and the soft one for the toddler.
The foam mattress comes with an organic cotton cover for the delicately soft skin of your little one. It’s another best toddler mattress which is orthopedic in style with 6 inches thickness for maximum comfort. You may hard in other reviews that the infant side is like sleeping on a hardboard. IT’S NOT TRUE! It’s firm yet comfortable enough for the infant.
Your baby is perfectly safe inside this mattress. It’s a CertiPUR-US certified mattress just like any other foam mattress should be. Moreover, it’s a GREENGUARD Children and School Certified mattress. It passes all the stringent safety standards of indoor air quality and more than 10,000 volatile organic compounds. Watch the video to learn more about it.
Features & More Pros Of Colgate Eco Classica III
- The dimension of the mattress is 51.7 X 27.5 X 6 inches with a weight of only 9.4 pounds. For the crib sheet change, its lightweight feature will be a blessing for you.
- Made from eco foam infused with plant oils (non-food).
- Doesn’t make any noise and it’s a verified fact by parents.
- No sagging at all even after several years usage.
- Only the cotton cover is made from urethane NOT the mattress.
- You can’t change the cotton cover to wash or change it. So, you are welcome to use any waterproof crib mattress cover.
- Square corners make it easier to fit snugly to any standard size crib.
Cons Of Colgate Eco Classica III
- Some parents did not like the idea of extra firm infant side. Also, some did not like the urethane used in the cotton cover.
- Some parents complained that the encasement is not completely waterproof. The bottom of the crib mattress is not waterproof as well.
Consider these facts to get the Best Baby Mattress
Keep in mind these following brief but vital facts and tips if you want to have the best baby mattress. At the end of these factors, there are top 7 infant mattress reviews. All of them are highly recommended by parents. So, here we go!
- Size Of Crib & Mattress: Even though the size of the crib and mattress is regulated by the Federal government, not all baby bed mattress will fit snugly to every crib. That’s the fact.The minimum dimension of any standard size kid mattress is 27.25 inches X 51.25 inches. Most of the standard size crib DaVinci Kalani 4 in 1 convertible crib or Babyletto Hudson 3 in 1 convertible crib recommends such crib dimension. Besides, if any crib recommends a crib mattress dimension of 52” X 28”, the fitting will be snug. Also, you should understand the fact that the best infant mattress is also suitable for the toddler too.
- Mattress Thickness: Federal regulation allows maximum thickness/height of any crib mattress 6 inches. Anything between 3” to 5” is just perfect.
- Snug Fit: Ideally, your crib mattress should fit snugly. It’s pretty important for the safety of your baby. There should not be more than 1.25 inches gap between the edge of the mattress and corners of the crib.
- Firmness: Rule of thumb: Soft mattress for adults, firm crib mattress for infants and toddlers. The mattress has to be extra firm for your little one. Most parents make the mistake of getting soft mattress thinking that would ensure comforts for the baby. It’s not just wrong but dangerous too. To avoid suffocation hazard, always get a firm cot mattress. Your little one will get used to such firm mattress.
- Dual Firmness: Extra firm on one side of the mattress and relatively soft on another side. If you become paranoid about the firmness of the mattress, consider having such mattress.
- Foam vs Innerspring: Most parents love to have innerspring crib mattress since they are used to it. But for the kids, it doesn’t really matter. In terms of quality and benefits, there are literally no big differences. In fact, having a foam mattress is a good idea as they are lightweight. A lightweight mattress is easy to clean.
- Safety Certificate: Every mattress must conform to the 16 CFR 1632 & 1633 Federal Flammability Standards. The good news is every crib mattress meets those standards. If you decide to buy a foam mattress, make sure it is CertiPUR-US® certified. Also, if the mattress is GREENGUARD Gold Certified, it’s also safe for the indoor environment.
Last Words On Best Baby Mattress 2019
Having the best mattress for crib is the most time and money consuming issue right after having the crib. If you get confused selecting the best crib mattress, just go for the My First Premium Foam mattress. It has the fair price and lots of parents high appreciation. But whatever mattress you choose, make sure it fits your crib and the surface of the mattress is firm yet comfortable.