Having one of the best changing tables for babies is a must because babies are messy. They spit up, drools and fill up their diapers pretty regularly all day. When you have a young baby, you’re going to be changing diapers a lot. This really puts a lot of stress on the parents.
The right way to relieve this stress is to own the right one right from the beginning. Use the following table of contents for quick navigation.
Table of Contents
- Best Changing Tables For Babies Comparison Table
- Top 10 Changing Tables For Babies With Right Weight Capacity
- Delta Children Eclipse
- South Shore Savannah
- Delta Children
- Badger Basket
- Badger Basket with Six Baskets
- Badger Basket Sleigh Style
- Dream On Me Emily
- DaVinci Jenny Lind
- DaVinci 3-Drawer Changer Dresser
- South Shore Peak-a-Boo Collection
- Show Love By Sharing:
- Like this:
- Top 10 Changing Tables For Babies With Right Weight Capacity
Best Changing Tables For Babies Comparison Table
Time is money! You don’t want to spend too much time before buying one. That’s why we are presenting you with a comparison chart that includes all of the top-rated baby changing tables.
Top 10 Changing Tables For Babies With Right Weight Capacity
You have already seen the top recommended 3 changeable tables. It’s time to read the comprehensive reviews. In addition to these 3, you will get some additional reviews. Some of them are a cheaper, some are expensive. But all of them are safe and popular among parents.
Delta Children Eclipse
Delta children, one of the most popular furniture manufacturing company specialized in children furniture. This functional & elegant table comes in 7 different colors to choose from. We particularly loved the cherry black color.
This table is perfect for a children’s nursery. The rich and dark finish looks amazing with other dark nursery furniture. It has safety rails that wrap around all four sides of the table. On top of the table, it has a safety strap. There is also a changing pad that is water-resistant and easy to clean.
The Eclipse weighs in at around 34-35 pounds. It is about 40 inches tall. Those of you looking for a perfect height to change diapers, this is it. It is made using solid wood and other wood composites.
It comes with two open storage shelves that you can use to store all the diaper changing necessities like lotions, wipes, diapers, etc. Plenty of storage is a must in any changing table. The wide-open shelves are useful if you want to store more than just baby items.
Assembly is very simple. Takes about 15-20 minutes. After assembled, this table feels pretty solid. It doesn’t wobble and feels safe to use. Its structure measures 39.4 x 24.4 x 5.9 inches. The only downside is you can’t use other changing pads with this one because the top of the table is quite smaller than standard changing pad size. Now watch the official assembly video.
Features Of Delta Children Eclipse
- The Eclipse comes with water-resistant changing pad with safety strap.
- It comes with two wide open fixed shelves.
- Plenty of colors available to choose from.
- Around the top, it has enclosed safety rails on all four sides.
- This table meets ASTM safety standards.
- Solid wood and wood composites are used to make this table.
- Sturdy and easy to assemble.
Pros Of Delta Children Eclipse
- You don’t need to purchase separate changing pads.
- Adequate height for parents.
- The pads are easy to clean.
- This is a compact table that requires less space in your home.
- Light enough to move around the house.
- Loved by the huge number of parents and recommended as one of the most-rated changing tables for your little one.
Cons Of Delta Children Eclipse
- Because of the small size, it’s somewhat difficult to use a third party changing pad with this one.
South Shore Savannah
The most function-rich model in this list is the South Shore Savannah. Create a warm, cozy nursery for your baby with this country-style changing table. It comes in two different colors to choose from. The style is gorgeous, it’s beautiful, elegant and matches your other household furniture.
One look at this table and you can say “That’s a country style piece of furniture”. It has three easy-to-access open storage spaces to stow away all your baby care products. Two practical drawers to put your other clothes. A lot of people prefer open storages, but we think having drawers are also necessary for keeping small objects out of children’s reach.
On the top, it has rounded contours for your little one’s safety and comfort. The knobs are made from wood. For increased safety, it has a secure front panel. It also has a maximum weight capacity of 30 lbs. Should be enough.
Assembling this table takes some time. Because of those different parts components, you need to either get someone else to help you out or free enough time from your busy schedule to do it by yourself. Instructions are pretty clear though. You only need the right set of tools.
Once assembled, this table weighs around 84 pounds. It is 37 inches tall, which should be sufficient for most parents. It’s very sturdy. You can wipe clean it with a damp cloth. Doesn’t come with a changing pad though.
Features Of South Shore Savannah
Due to so many reasons, this one is considered to be another great nursery dresser. Here they are:
- This cottage style piece of furniture transforms to a dresser as well.
- Two practical drawers and three easy-access open storage spaces.
- Rounded contours for increased safety.
- It has metal drawer slides. The wooden knobs are changeable.
- Maximum weight capacity is 30 lbs.
- The Savannah meets all North American safety standards.
Pros Of South Shore Savannah
- Beautiful country style design.
- Lots of storage options.
- Sturdy build quality.
- Easy to clean.
- Blends in with other cottage style furniture.
Cons Of South Shore Savannah
- Takes a lot of time to assemble this one.
This is another top of the line diaper changing table in this list. This beautiful table features solid wood construction with a gender friendly design. Those of you who are looking for a minimalistic themed table, the Delta Children Infant is the one you are looking for.
Like our previous Delta Eclipse, this too features two open shelves to stow away diapers, wipes, clothes, and other baby items. These shelves provide ample storage option. If you are looking for open shelves, this table is the right option for you.
It comes with a nice little changing pad that is water resistant. For extra safety, it has a safety strap. It also features safety rails for keeping the baby in place which is enclosed on all four sides.
You know you are getting something sturdy when you see the name “Delta” on it. This table has the right height and weight and pretty solid. Non-toxic material all the way. It is tested for lead and other harmful elements and has been found safe. To give you a more secure feel, it is GREENGUARD and CertiPUR-US certified.
Assembling this one is very simple. Fewer parts mean less assembly time. This table is loved by all parents, no wonder it has a high positive rating. We loved it because of its simplicity and quality. Comes with the instruction which is easy to read.
Features Of Delta Children
- Just like any other top-quality changing tables should have, it has a solid wood construction which gives you best.
- It comes with a water-resistant changing pad that has a safety strap on it.
- For open storage, it includes two open shelves.
- Safety rails on the top to keep your baby in place.
- Non-toxic materials and meet or exceed government and ASTM.
- Easy to assemble and easy to clean.
- The changing pad uses Hypoallergenic fabric cover for keeping the baby dry and comfortable.
Pros Of Delta Children
- Simple and beautiful design.
- You can either buy only the table or buy the bundle pack that comes with a changing pad.
- Don’t have to worry about the safety issue with this one.
- It is spacious and gives easy access to your stuff.
- Very easy to assemble.
Cons Of Delta Children
- Not very feature rich. As we have said, this is a minimalistic themed table.
When you have a baby in the house, things really start to get messy very quickly. The Badger Basket is for those parents who want to keep everything neat and tidy. If you are one of those parents who appreciate furniture with clean, modern lines, you will love this one.
This uniquely designed baby changing table comes with three pull out and removable baskets and a large hamper for keeping all those dirty clothes. Remove these baskets and you’ll have open shelves. Lots of storage options to keep mass packs of diapers, blankets, and other stuff.
The removable hamper also works as a carrying bag. You can toss all your baby’s dirty laundry and take the bag with you to the laundry room. Very convenient. You can also put that large hampers elsewhere, works as a diaper pail or storage area.
On the top, this table has safety rails on all four sides. This table doesn’t come with any changing pad. You need to purchase one separately. We would recommend you buy a changing liner too. As this comes handy for changing dirty diapers and not make a mess out of your table or your changing pad.
The frame of this table is made of multi-layer solid wood. It has non-toxic finish and shelves are made using veneer with engineered wood. Easily cleanable with a damp cloth. You can also wipe clean the baskets and the hamper. Putting together this table is a piece of cake.
Features Of Badger Basket
- This table has a modern look that gives a clean, minimal vibe.
- To make storage easy and customizable, it comes with three baskets and a hamper.
- The baskets, as well as the hamper, is removable.
- Polyester components are used to make the baskets. Safe for the baby.
- This functional table comes with safety rail of all sides.
- Maximum weight capacity is 13.6 kg.
- Multi-layer solid wood construction.
- Easy to assemble and comes with an illustrated instruction manual.
Pros Of Badger Basket
In addition to the above, here are some pros which have made it another high-quality nursery dresser.
- Plenty of storage options.
- Easy to clean.
- Meets all safety standards.
- Remove the baskets and you’ll have open storage shelves.
- Doesn’t take a lot of time to assemble.
Cons Of Badger Basket
- Shorter than most other models in this list. Not for tall parents.
Badger Basket with Six Baskets
If you loved our previous Badger Basket, then you’d certainly love this one. It comes with six baskets. Yes! Six of them. The design isn’t the same though. This table is perfect if you have a small nursery.
For organizing all your baby’s clothes, it comes with six baskets. Hold on! There is a surprise feature here. This table features a reversible design. You can access these baskets from either side of the table.
You determine which should be the front side of the table. Makes organizing a children’s nursery very easy. That’s the reason a lot of parents consider it as another one of the greatest changing tables.
The two basket sizes are for those people that want everything to be neat & tidy. These baskets have card pockets for labeling them. Keeping everything organized gets a whole lot easier with this table.
On the top changing area, it has safety rails on all four sides. It has a metal support bar underneath the changing surface for extra support. It also comes with a safety belt to keep your baby in place.
It has a hardwood construction that makes this table very solid and durable. It has a non-toxic finish which is expected. It can hold up to 30 pounds of weight. Should be enough until your starts potty training.
Features Of Badger Basket
- This table has six baskets, three small and three big.
- It has safety rails on all side.
- Hardwood constructed frame.
- Reversible design.
- A lot of color design available.
- It comes with a safety belt and mattress pad.
- Comes with card holder on the baskets.
- It has a hardboard top shelf.
- Lots of parents recommendations and definitely another highly recommended model.
Pros Of Badger Basket
- This is a beautiful sleigh style changing table.
- Lots of storage options.
- Can be used as an open storage shelf.
- Sturdy frame.
- Easy to clean.
Cons Of Badger Basket
- The drawers will fall through if you push them too hard. That can be fixed with a wood board and glue.
Badger Basket Sleigh Style
Another Badger Basket, but wait. This one is special. If you want a sleigh style one but don’t want six baskets but instead you want a large hamper, then this is it. It comes with three baskets and a hamper. Just combine the previous two models and you’ll get this one.
For changing or dressing your baby, this is your all-in-one solution. If you loved the large hamper on our Badger Basket Sleigh Modern Style changing table, you’ll love this one too. By now, you know why the large hamper is necessary.
This dresser table was designed keeping the safety of children in mind. It meets or exceeds all safety standards. It has a non-toxic finish and the frame is constructed using wood and wood composites. There is metal support bar under the changing surface for stability.
It comes with a soft changing pad with safety strap. Around the top of the table, there are safety rails enclosed on all four sides. This table can hold up to 30 lbs. If you want to give a clean look in your baby’s nursery this will do the job.
Assembly is easy. There is not much to it. The instructions are clear, and it’ll take less than an hour to put every piece together. Another cool feature of this table is you can use it as storage shelves when your little one outgrows it.
Features Of Badger Basket Sleigh Style
- This is a sleigh style one with three baskets and a hamper.
- It can be turned into an open storage shelve by removing the baskets.
- A lot of color variation to match your choice.
- Changing pad and straps are included.
- Solid wood and metal bar support for stability.
- Easy to assemble.
Pros Of Badger Basket Sleigh Style
- Recommended by lots of parents as one of the highly recommended changing tables for a small children’s nursery.
- Lots of storage options.
- Easy to clean with a damp cloth.
- The hamper bag is machine washable.
- Changing pad is comfortable.
Cons Of Badger Basket Sleigh Style
Even though it’s another great one, it has some trouble as well. Among them, the following is noteworthy.
- Smaller compared to other models. Not for tall parents.
Dream On Me Emily
The Dream On Me Emily is an ergonomically designed cheap changing table for the on-the-go urban parent. This is a simple looking nursery table that has a convenient height, structurally sound and open shelving for quick and easy use.
This classic style fits any décor. It comes with two large open shelves for easy access. On the top, it has safety rail, changing pad and straps. This table is truly a space saver. It is lightweight and portable.
Just because this is a cheap baby changing table doesn’t mean it lacks stability. The frame makes this table very stable. The frame is made of solid wood. You’ll be getting a lot of service time out of this one.
It can also be used as an add-on to any nursery. The wide open storage shelves give you plenty of room for keeping your baby’s clothes, toys, and other necessary stuff.
It meets all ASTM and CPSC standards just like all other popular baby dresser. The open shelving feature makes the assembly process super easy. User manuals are provided with purchase.
Features Of Dream On Me Emily
- It has 1-inch changing pad & 5 1/2″ safety rail.
- The overall weight of this table is about 20 lbs.
- It can hold up to 25 lbs of weight.
- It comes with changing pad and safety strap.
- It features two open shelves.
Pros Of Dream On Me Emily
- Very sturdy build.
- Easy to assemble.
- Blends in with other furniture.
- Lots of colors available to choose from.
- Budget-friendly table.
Cons Of Dream On Me Emily
- The changing pad is too thin, consider buying a separate one.
DaVinci Jenny Lind
It gives out a vintage vibe. This table has a beautiful design just like Jenny Lind crib. The Intricate spindle posts give this table a classic grace from top to toe. The spacious open shelve design is a must-have changing table in any nursery.
This is a tall one which is rare in other models, measuring 40 inches in height. Suitable for most parents. A tall table means less strain on your back, which is the purpose of getting a one in the first place.
In terms of design, the intricate spindle posts on this table give out a classic vibe. You can choose different color options like white, cherry or black. The construction of this table is made using 100% sustainable pine wood from New Zealand.
It comes with a changing pad with safety strap. Two open shelves for storage. These shelves are sturdy. There are reinforced braces underneath these shelves.
Being sturdy doesn’t mean this is heavy. It’s lightweight. You can move this table around the house. It has a maximum weight capacity of 30 lbs.
Features Of DaVinci Jenny Lind
- This table is made from real wood using sustainable materials.
- Wide open storage shelves provide ample space for nursery items.
- The intricate spindle posts look beautiful.
- It is made using sustainable pine wood for New Zealand.
- This table meets or exceeds ASTM and U.S. CPSC safety standards.
Pros Of DaVinci Jenny Lind
- A beautiful vintage looking design has made it in the list of highly desirable.
- Solid wood construction.
- Wide open storage option.
- Comes with changing pad with safety straps.
- Easy to assemble.
Cons Of DaVinci Jenny Lind
- The paint job needs improvement.
DaVinci 3-Drawer Changer Dresser
The clean and classic 3-Drawer Changer Dresser by the DaVinci. This is a combination of a Three-drawer dresser and a changing table. On the top, it has a changing station and on the bottom, you’ll find three spacious drawers.
These are some really spacious drawers. You can easily fit all your baby’s supplies. For easy gliding, it comes with metal drawer glides. For added safety, it also comes with a stop mechanism on the drawers.
This table features durable construction. It’s made using sustainable New Zealand pine wood. It comes with the anti-tip kit for improved stability. One look at this table and you can see it’s made using the premium quality material.
On the top, it comes with safety rails and removable changer tray. No changing pad is included with purchase. You need to get one separately. It’s kind of heavy too.
This is a combination of two furniture so expect this table to be a little pricey. And the solid wood construction gives it a little weight which is understandable. That also makes this table more durable.
Features Of DaVinci 3-Drawer Changer Dresser
- Combination of changing table with dresser table.
- Includes three drawers for storage.
- Made using sustainable New Zealand pine wood.
- You can use the top tray for extra storage.
- Includes anti-tip kit for stability.
Pros Of DaVinci 3-Drawer Changer Dresser
- You get two pieces of furniture with the price of one.
- You can remove the changing tray and use it for extra storage.
- Stop mechanisms on drawers.
- Lead and phthalate safe.
Cons Of DaVinci 3-Drawer Changer Dresser
– Assembly takes a long time and it’s kind of difficult to do so.
South Shore Peak-a-Boo Collection
Another handsome, traditional style model by South Shore. The Peak-a-Boo Collection comes with a changing station on the top and two storage options. It was made with baby’s safety in mind.
Two open front panels let you easily reach your essentials while you are changing the baby. The rounded corners are safe for your baby. Solid construction and can be used as a TV stand or a bookshelf.
This table also goes along nicely with your baby crib. It comes in three different colors. The frame of this table is made using environment-friendly laminated particle panels.
Durability isn’t an issue with this product. With all those positive reviews, you can be sure that you are spending your hard-earned money on a quality table. When the need for a changing table is gone, you can simply use it as a bookshelf or extra storage space for other stuff.
It has a maximum weight capacity of 30 lbs. It doesn’t come with any changing pad or accessories. For putting this table together, you need the help of two adults.
Features Of South Shore Peak-a-Boo Collection
- A simple and ergonomic designed table.
- Safety rails on the top.
- Rounded contours for baby’s safety.
- Two open storage spaces.
- Made from laminated particle panels.
Pros Of South Shore Peak-a-Boo Collection
- Quality material used in the making of this table.
- The top of the table can easily fit a contoured changing pad.
- Each shelf has enough space to fit three storage bins.
- You can wipe clean the exterior.
- Made to last.
Cons Of South Shore Peak-a-Boo Collection
- Assembly is tough and instructions aren’t very clear.
Best Changing Tables Buying Guide
Whether you want to go all out with the highly expensive nursery dresser or just make do with a cheap one, you need to have a brief look at what you should keep in mind before investing your hard-earned money. This buying guide should help you decide which one will be the right one for you.
Décor: It depends on your choice. A lot of these tables have different styles that can match your other furniture. For example, if you have a cherry wood design crib, you may want to get a cherry wood design one. Many of us want to pick matching furniture pieces. With these models, you have the luxury to do so.
Storage: Having extra storage space is always desirable. You can use the extra space to hold all those diapers, wipes, grooming items, lotions, changing pad and cover also all those gifts you’ll be getting. A storage drawer and two shelf changing table should suffice.
Durability: You don’t want a table that wobbles a lot. Nor you should go for those ultra-lightweight ones. Choose something that has sturdy materials and weighs heavy. When assembled, it will make the table sturdy.
Comfort: For a baby, everything needs to be comfortable. Not so many of them come with a changing pad. So, you might want to consider buying one. You certainly don’t want to put your baby in something rock hard.
Height: There is no specific height standard. It depends on your height. If you are tall, go for the taller tables. Depending on your height, go for a high or low one.
Contour & Straps: It should have at least two straps and contours. It will allow you to keep your baby in place and also provide support in case your little one decides to move around a lot.
Portable: This feature isn’t a deal breaker, but you might want to consider getting a table with rollers. It’ll help you move the table from room to room.
Price: This isn’t the type of furniture that you’ll be using a lot. Most of them will cost you. However, there are a few cheap changing tables on the market that’ll do just fine. Pick one according to your budget.
Why You Need A Changing Table?
Ask yourself: Should you buy this furniture that you won’t be using for a long time?
Imagine waking up at 2 am for changing diapers but you forgot where the diapers are and also don’t know where you have put other clothes and accessories. That’s where it comes in handy.
It come with storage options that you can use to store diapers, clothes, toys and other useful items. So, when it’s time to change diapers, you have all the things you need in a single place. The idea here is that you have everything you need at one place to quickly change your baby and get back to bed.
You also don’t want to be changing the baby on your bed, leaning over and straining your back. With one of them, you are changing your baby at a height that is much easier for your back. Therefore, you have less strain on your lower back.
For you to buy the right one from the start, you need to look for some additional features. This is not rocket science, so you don’t have worry too much. We have made a short and simple buying guide just for you. So sit back, relax and read the rest of this article.
Safety Guidelines For All High-Quality Changing Tables
By nature parents are vigilantes, so do you. Safety comes first for your baby. Even though you are extra careful, falling from the top of it is so serious! There are lots of incidents of such falling. Follow these safety guidelines to keep your baby safe from the changer.
- Rails On 4 Sides: Normally all the popular nursery dresser come with guardrails. You need to make
sure they are at least 2 inches high. That way even the baby roll over, he/she won’t fall. Make sure the rails are on all 4 sides and have no sharp edges. The rails should be plain and simple without any sophisticated design.
- Straps For The Baby: Not all of them come with safety straps. In fact, very few come with them. But they are so helpful to prevent the fall from it. So, if yous does not come with one, get the straps from the market.
- Sturdy Construction: Wheels on the changing table is not preferable. I personally think this is something that makes it unstable. There is no alternative to a sturdy changer. Sturdy wood construction is always preferable.
- Concave Design: The concave design is safer. So, what is a concave design? To explain simply, it means that the middle of the changer will be a little bit lower than the sides.
- Everything Within Reach: While changing the diaper or dressing up the baby, make sure everything is within the reach of powder, lotion, etc. If they are not within the reach, you will be forced to leave the baby on it. Very dangerous for the baby. Everything has to be organized and within your reach. Besides, that’s the main point of having it, right?
- Proper Height & Using Step Stool: Consider the height of the table and yourself. You should have one with a comfortable height for you. If the height of the changer is uncomfortably high, get a step stool to solve the problem. But the step stool has to be stable as well.
- Don’t Hurt Your Back: Apart from the safety of your baby, you need to think about your wellness as well. Never bend to reach out the baby or any baby stuff. That will hurt your back. You can’t ensure the safety of your baby unless you have sound health.
- Reachability By Baby: Baby loves to chew everything they can touch. There will be lots of small and loose stuff in the changer. If your baby can touch them, it will be hazardous as well. Make sure your baby can’t reach these stuff anyhow. Don’t keep the baby stuff nearby the baby.
- Regular Inspection: If you buy a wooden one, there will be some nuts and bolts. There will be some spindle posts as well. Over time, they will loosen up and it may become unstable. So, always check the table at regular interval. You can tighten these nuts and bolts yourself, just have some confidence!
- Don’t Leave Your Baby Alone: Not just at the top of it, your baby should never be unattended anywhere. You can’t make an exception to this rule, especially when the baby is on the top of the changer.
Now watch the video to learn more about how to make it safe for the baby.
FINAL VERDICT ON NURSERY DRESSER
From cheap to best changing tables for babies, this list should give you a solid idea of which one you should go for. All the tables that you see include the must-have feature that any one should have. You can always come back and look at our buying guide or simply pick one from the list. We can assure you, these tables will surely give you the maximum value for your money.